Getting There!

Re: New Blue GT owner

Post by golffather »

I have a set of OEM led lights which you can retrofit easy
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

golffather wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:43 pm I have a set of OEM led lights which you can retrofit easy
Headlights?
Robby71
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Golf R-Line EVO

Post by Robby71 »

You're welcome :)

Polo GTi no longer on my list so the mats are for sale
Rob
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

Robby71 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:46 pm You're welcome :)

Polo GTi no longer on my list so the mats are for sale
Rob
I’ll get back to you on that one. Thanks 8)
Robby71
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Golf R-Line EVO

Post by Robby71 »

I also have a Pipercross replacement air filter (drop in standard box) - used on my 150bhp TSi Golf (same engine as Polo GT) - been on for approx 300 miles so "as new" - £25, LED number plate lights (inc resistors so no error messages on dash) - £15
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

Robby71 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:04 pm I also have a Pipercross replacement air filter (drop in standard box) - used on my 150bhp TSi Golf (same engine as Polo GT) - been on for approx 300 miles so "as new" - £25, LED number plate lights (inc resistors so no error messages on dash) - £15
Just sent you a PM now mate
golffather
Getting There!

Post by golffather »

CymruPolo wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:35 pm
golffather wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:43 pm I have a set of OEM led lights which you can retrofit easy
Headlights?
Yes led headlights from a 6C
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

golffather wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:09 pm
CymruPolo wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:35 pm
Headlights?
Yes led headlights from a 6C
Ahh cool. Have you got any pictures of them installed?
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

Robby71 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:04 pm I also have a Pipercross replacement air filter (drop in standard box) - used on my 150bhp TSi Golf (same engine as Polo GT) - been on for approx 300 miles so "as new" - £25, LED number plate lights (inc resistors so no error messages on dash) - £15
I’ve replied to your PM, Rob, but the message gets put in my Outbox for some reason and won’t send?! I’ll try and figure it out later on.
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

I have a few other questions if anyone can help please ..

- The garage I bought the car from lost the owners manual when moving the car between sites. I’ve sorted a new one, but from what I can see it suggests that there’s a seperate manual for the radio/headunit. Is that correct? If it is, does anyone know if it’s available online? If it’s not, can anyone tell me how the hell I choose my radio station presets? I can’t work it out! :shock:

- When the headlights switch is in tne ‘0’ (or “off”) position, are the foglamps meant to be on?

- Should there been a windscreen washer low warning? I ran out the other day with no warning. It could have been due to frost however, I’m not too sure.

- Part of one of the side skirts seems to have come abit loose. Are they just stuck on with an adhesive of some kind?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

CymruPolo wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:43 pmThe garage I bought the car from lost the owners manual when moving the car between sites. I’ve sorted a new one, but from what I can see it suggests that there’s a seperate manual for the radio/headunit. Is that correct? If it is, does anyone know if it’s available online? If it’s not, can anyone tell me how the hell I choose my radio station presets? I can’t work it out!
If your car’s a 6c Polo Blue GT, then yes, there’s a separate manual for the infotainment unit (not sure about the 6r Polo Blue GT). You can access an online version on the VW website at the link below. Input your vehicle VIN or registration number in the space provided (if you use reg no., don’t leave any spaces between the characters in the reg no.);

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/manuals
When the headlights switch is in tne ‘0’ (or “off”) position, are the foglamps meant to be on?
Are you referring to the front fog lights being illuminated when the rotary light switch is in the ‘0’ position? If so, then I suspect it’ll be your daytime running lights that are illuminated, in which case they should be illuminated when the rotary light switch is in the ‘off’ position.
Should there been a windscreen washer low warning? I ran out the other day with no warning. It could have been due to frost however, I’m not too sure.
Unless you have xenon headlamps (earlier post in this thread suggests you don’t have these) or the optional Winter Pack fitted to your car, then unfortunately, you won’t have a low fluid warning light.
Part of one of the side skirts seems to have come abit loose. Are they just stuck on with an adhesive of some kind?
There is a retaining strip attached to the sill of your car which looks as if it’s screwed into the sill, and your sill covers are attached to this. The manual section at the link below shows how this is attached, and there are sections in the manual on removal/installation of the retaining strip and sill cover (links on left hand side of screen) so it should be possible to work out how to reattach it firmly in place. Manual section at the link is for the Blue Motion sill covers, but these are the same as those fitted to the Blue GT;

https://workshop-manuals.com/volkswagen ... extension/
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

To answer some of your questions:-

Radio etc handbook, try looking on ebay as that is one place that any disposed of by dealers parts and books end up after being initially sold in bulk by auction.

Foglight - is that not just your DRLs that in certain cars reside within the foglight cluster.

Low fluid level warning, probably only fitted to cars that have winter pack if even that, I seem to remember finding that my wife's old 2002 Polo with winter pack did not have a washer fluid low level sensor in the tank! I can't comment for her 2015 6C Polo as I've never checked and always keep the washer fluid level topped up.
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

Thank you both :) . I really can’t believe that getting a windscreen washer low warning was part of an optional extra - even my Polo 6N 16V from years ago had one ffs!
timbosss
New
Drives: GT 1.4 dsg ACT 2013

Post by timbosss »

Hi New GT.
We have a 2013 (63) 1.4 DSG with fuel last trip was i think 39.7. That is with engine behaving. at the moment we have huge problems and a fat bill from VAG.
With ACT on the flat the live fuel shows between 50mpg and 200mpg. I always use cruise on any kind of run unless raining. Manual should be better.
My wife gets better mpg due to miss Daisy driving.
CymruPolo
Not so new

Post by CymruPolo »

Does anyone know the part number for the rubber bit at the side of the windscreen? Or, what I’d ask for to get a new one? One of them flew off whilst driving to work recently. Looks like the car has had a new windscreen at some point and it wasn’t secured properly :roll:
Attachments
C9EC3B39-5BA8-4815-8037-DE4671DCB511.jpeg