To all Blue GT owners

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
madalinanton
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT

To all Blue GT owners

Post by madalinanton »

Hi all, need your opinion on this one.

I have purchased my Blue GT a month ago, is a 13 reg car with 60k miles on the clock, really like the car! Since i've bought the car, the sound that car made was very sporty, i could hear the gear changes, the engine reving and so on, again very sporty sound. Couple of days ago, i have overtook a car and lorry (it's nice to put use some of the power sometimes :D) and as soon as i came back into my lane my exhaust coupling (somewhere around the middle i believe) snapped! I went to a garage and they've changed the couplings, the problem now is that i cannot hear my car anymore, it almost feels like i'm driving an electric car lol. I cannot hear the engine nor the gear changing, it's very very silent!

My question is, did my car had the exhaust nearly broken when i bought it? hence the very sporty sound? Or the guys at the garage havent fitted the coupling properly ? (i doubt it).

What are your thoughts guys?

Thanks!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: To all Blue GT owners

Post by SRGTD »

I don’t have a Blue GT so can’t comment on what the normal noise levels or exhaust note is like. However, I suspect that prior to the new coupling being fitted, the old one wasn’t making a tight seal with the exhaust pipe at one or both ends of the coupling, so the sporty noise was probably the exhaust blowing around the coupling. Sounds like replacing the coupling has cured the problem and it’s now as it should be.
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

BGT with standard exhaust is not a noisy car, it sounds as if it is now performing as VW intended.
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

Ricmondo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:33 pm BGT with standard exhaust is not a noisy car, it sounds as if it is now performing as VW intended.
Yep - mine is very quiet.....!
madalinanton
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Post by madalinanton »

Thanks guys! Much appreciated