[6R] Problem with BCM upgrade .

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
VapeBoro
New
Drives: Polo 6R 1.2 70HP

[6R] Problem with BCM upgrade .

Post by VapeBoro »

Hi,
yesterday I was trying to upgrade my BCM from 085 to 087( I'm planing to add CCS). I have central locking with non OEM remote control added. Problem is that when I changed my BCM everything works fine, there is new text on cluster saying "SAFELOCK" every time I'm taking key away and I can lock it with remote or with key, the problem Is that I can't open the car by central locking. When I'm trying to use remote nothing happens, car doesn't unlock, and that's what I can understand because remote isn't OEM. Unfortunately I also can't open all car doors with key, I can open it with original BCM, but after swap there's no way to open whole car, only drivers doors are open, and alarm led keeps flashing. Do you have any ideas how to fix it? I will also mention that I can open all doors with inside button, and then led is turning off. I also can mention that in BCM electrical output test there is only option for close doors which works, but I don't have option to turn it on for unlocking.
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Re: [6R] Problem with BCM upgrade .

Post by benzinkopf »

if not mistaken, you will need to relearn the key with the new bcm to match those. There’s specific process in vcds. But im not sure since you said its oem remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VapeBoro
New

Post by VapeBoro »

benzinkopf wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:16 am if not mistaken, you will need to relearn the key with the new bcm to match those. There’s specific process in vcds. But im not sure since you said its oem remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are thinking about adaptation in VCDS by pressing key on remote, I already tried this and this additional remote won't be recognized.
I don't know if there is another option for just learn key not remote?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Did you transfer all the codings and adaptation maps from the old to the new bcm?
VapeBoro
New

Post by VapeBoro »

iichel wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:17 pm Did you transfer all the codings and adaptation maps from the old to the new bcm?
I transferred coding, but there wasn't really any to change in adaptation :?: The most wondering part for me is that I couldn't open car by VCDS output test, there is only option for locking, but locking/unlocking works with inside button, an key in ignition deactivates lock LED on doors.
davitio_979
New
Drives: Polo Advance

Post by davitio_979 »

hi
disconnect the instrument panel and test if the central locking works.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
VapeBoro
New

Post by VapeBoro »

I tried to take out cluster but I'd didn't change anything. I was also trying to code key from Skoda Rapid (3T0.....), But I couldn't adapt him at all. I'm wondering if BCM is ok, and after an opinion from another person I'm wondering if this BCM is from Polo, or it's from Ibiza what can make difference 😶
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Post by exantas »

Have you tried to program the fob with this method?
https://youtu.be/0noyyv00Bvs

I don't know if it is applicable to 6r polo. But I don't see the reason why not.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

VapeBoro
New

Post by VapeBoro »

I've got new key, but still without cuted blade and immo. I were trying to adapt it, and I spotted one interesting thing.
When I'm going to adaptation channel 00 everything is ok and I can reset keys, but on channel 01 in each label there is only B/D (polish version, something like"no info"). Anyone have any idea? I'm wondering is it because of added non OEM remote in past :?:
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Post by exantas »

Is the bcm that you got brand new or used from another car?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

H2Deetoo
Getting There!
Drives: VW UP/Passat B6

Post by H2Deetoo »

For PQ25 bcm you must enter '0' as value for channel 1.
(Not 1 or 2 which is normal for the amount of keyfob's to learn on other platform bcm's!)

So go to channel 1, read it, then enter 0 and write it.
Then press unlock on the keyfob and you will get a confirmation of both blinking turn lights.

Rgs H2Deetoo
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »