Polo 6R 2014 R Line - New Nav / Carista / Dash Cam

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
SamEvans
New
Drives: GTI 6C 3Dr

Polo 6R 2014 R Line - New Nav / Carista / Dash Cam

Post by SamEvans »

Had a DNX521 from Kenwood VW installed in my 6R R line 2014 for quite some time, got too slow and wanted something a bit newer with CarPlay and Android Auto.
Purchased the DNX518DAB for around £900 ...A lot you may say but totally worth it. Nav and CarPlay run so smoothly and feels very OEM without being that 'Composition upgrade' that VW install which I'm not really a fan of in the facelift 6R/C
Found the USB cables a problem as they were previously routed from the back of the unit into the glovebox but it kept getting trapped in the hinge and losing connection.
I decided to install two USB ports into where they normally install the AUX connection by the 12v cigarette socket, next to the cup holder. It was quite a time consuming install with most of the dash having to be removed but totally worth it for the OEM appearance.
Thought while i was at it I'd install the Kenwood dash cam that integrates with the DNX518 (pictures below). Its really great and would highly recommend as you can show your passengers your near collisions on the Kenwood as soon as its happened lol!
Ran the cabling under the steering wheel and up the A Pillar to behind the rear mirror
Also purchased a Carista from amazon and signed up for the Beta so i get a couple months of free mods which is great - :D
Turned on needle sweep which looks really cool. Ive also got the Bi-Xenon headlights on my 6R and can now have a MK7.5 Golf looking 'Wink' when i indicate so the DRL turns off on one side whilst indicating - looks really great, i'll take some pics when i get around to it.
Also turned off cornering lights, as so many people tell me i have a light out when turning lol :roll:
The safelock feature where only the drivers door unlocks on one press of the unlock button on the key fob also got turned off - My passengers are very inpatient. 8)
Another few minor mods as well such as deactivating the rear wiper when reversing as that was really quite annoying.

Any one else done any interesting things with it?
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Re: Polo 6R 2014 R Line - New Nav / Carista / Dash Cam

Post by Adam_013 »

SamEvans wrote:Had a DNX521 from Kenwood VW installed in my 6R R line 2014 for quite some time, got too slow and wanted something a bit newer with CarPlay and Android Auto.
Purchased the DNX518DAB for around £900 ...A lot you may say but totally worth it. Nav and CarPlay run so smoothly and feels very OEM without being that 'Composition upgrade' that VW install which I'm not really a fan of in the facelift 6R/C
Found the USB cables a problem as they were previously routed from the back of the unit into the glovebox but it kept getting trapped in the hinge and losing connection.
I decided to install two USB ports into where they normally install the AUX connection by the 12v cigarette socket, next to the cup holder. It was quite a time consuming install with most of the dash having to be removed but totally worth it for the OEM appearance.
Thought while i was at it I'd install the Kenwood dash cam that integrates with the DNX518 (pictures below). Its really great and would highly recommend as you can show your passengers your near collisions on the Kenwood as soon as its happened lol!
Ran the cabling under the steering wheel and up the A Pillar to behind the rear mirror
Also purchased a Carista from amazon and signed up for the Beta so i get a couple months of free mods which is great - :D
Turned on needle sweep which looks really cool. Ive also got the Bi-Xenon headlights on my 6R and can now have a MK7.5 Golf looking 'Wink' when i indicate so the DRL turns off on one side whilst indicating - looks really great, i'll take some pics when i get around to it.
Also turned off cornering lights, as so many people tell me i have a light out when turning lol :roll:
The safelock feature where only the drivers door unlocks on one press of the unlock button on the key fob also got turned off - My passengers are very inpatient. 8)
Another few minor mods as well such as deactivating the rear wiper when reversing as that was really quite annoying.

Any one else done any interesting things with it?
I've done some a few things to my MK10 and intend to have a play with my sisters 6R this evening.

I did a couple of tweaks like 4 flashes on the indicator rather than 3 for the convenience flash thing, along with dial-sweep. I also increased the speed at which cornering lights work up to and activated automatic coming home lights... Which don't work *sigh*. I also intend to try and get the dip down passenger mirror to work when in reverse at some point but I can't seem to get that one at the mo.

I think it's a great bit of kit, however think in the future I may opt for OBDEleven since it has a bit more functionality.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk