Speaker upgrade

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Glansta
New
Drives: 6r match edition

Speaker upgrade

Post by Glansta »

I’m looking at fitting all new speakers to the car in the next few weeks. These will be amped as well.
Just wondering where everyone has mounted the crossover?
And also the easiest route for the wires for the amp? Is there a grommet to look for to get power cable into car?
Thank you in advanced
Luigid
New
Drives: Polo 6r 1.6 tdi

Re: Speaker upgrade

Post by Luigid »

In the engine compartment there are two grommets, one on the right and one on the left, for convenience you have to remove the windscreen wipers if you want to pass the cable on the left battery side, on the right you can do it without removing anything, I have positioned the crossover on the left behind the dashboard (removable panel on the left when you open the door) on the right as there is an airbag I preferred to use that drawer in the lower right where you place your feet.
(I have the guide on the left, if you have it on the right of course it will be the reverse)
Glansta
New
Drives: 6r match edition

Re: Speaker upgrade

Post by Glansta »

Luigid wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:54 am In the engine compartment there are two grommets, one on the right and one on the left, for convenience you have to remove the windscreen wipers if you want to pass the cable on the left battery side, on the right you can do it without removing anything, I have positioned the crossover on the left behind the dashboard (removable panel on the left when you open the door) on the right as there is an airbag I preferred to use that drawer in the lower right where you place your feet.
(I have the guide on the left, if you have it on the right of course it will be the reverse)
Thank you for your response, I will have to look into them areas.