Problem with Bluetooth and Radio

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Black6c
Getting There!
Drives: 6c 1.2 (110) TSI DSG

Problem with Bluetooth and Radio

Post by Black6c »

So today I was driving listening to the radio and all of a sudden it just went silent. I didn’t know what happened but it kept happening from time to time on the same drive. Later I realized that each time the radio stopped it was because my phone got a message. Because my phone is connected through Bluetooth it (I assume) silences the audio so I’ll hear the tone of the phone. But when listening to the radio none of the phone’s sound comes through unless there’s a call (as of now). Further investigating reveals each time I get a message the screen will show as if I’m during a call and my name will appear on the phone screen with a timer (like I’m on a call with someone). That’s strange and hasn’t happened to me in the 2.5+ years with my car. Btw it is a 6c with the 5 inch infotainment. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
massimo23
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Beats 2017

Re: Problem with Bluetooth and Radio

Post by massimo23 »

could this be a problem with the phone? have you updated the software on the phone ? have you tried resetting bluetooth on both the phone and car infotainment? I barely use bluetooth since I use CarPlay all the time. Try rebooting the radio by keeping the left knob (On/OFF) pressed until it restarts (about 10 seconds).
Black6c
Getting There!
Drives: 6c 1.2 (110) TSI DSG

Re: Problem with Bluetooth and Radio

Post by Black6c »

massimo23 wrote:could this be a problem with the phone? have you updated the software on the phone ? have you tried resetting bluetooth on both the phone and car infotainment? I barely use bluetooth since I use CarPlay all the time. Try rebooting the radio by keeping the left knob (On/OFF) pressed until it restarts (about 10 seconds).
Everything’s the same as it was a few days ago it just happened (phone software wise), although today it didn’t happen. I don’t know what caused it. After I turned off and on the car it didn’t happen again, will update if it appears again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk