Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Re: INSTALLING DIRECT TPMS IN POLOGT 6R RHD IND

Post by patil »

iichel wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:40 pm
patil wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:27 pm
iichel wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:22 pm If you're into modding your DSG lever, the cover plate (with PRND) of a Polo 6C is a straight swap.
Hi iichel, did you mean this 6C2 713 203A (RHD)?
Yes sir!
Ok thank you for the confirmation iichel👍

I have one doubt, I am going to add a 12v socket in boot, should I increase the fuse amp value on my SB42?, it already has 20Amp fuse from factory. Logically I feel fuse amp should be same, because total draw of current from all sockets shouldn't cross assigned value.. right?

Thanks🙏
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

No the purpose of the fuse is to protect the wiring in its smallest diameter. if you increase the fuse value, the wiring diameter should be adapted appropriately.
I would recommend to keep the fuse value the same. This is also the case in factory configuration.
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

iichel wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:53 pm No the purpose of the fuse is to protect the wiring in its smallest diameter. if you increase the fuse value, the wiring diameter should be adapted appropriately.
I would recommend to keep the fuse value the same. This is also the case in factory configuration.
Understood... thank you :)
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

New special mod: :D

As my little 6R turned 5 this Christmas, I decided to gift my 6R a special gift. :mrgreen:

Part no: 5TA 419 091 R ... MQB steering wheel with paddle shifters & heating. 8) I bought the wheel from smg_shardul, many thanks to him. :D

First I had thought of buying steering wheel with cruise buttons to retrofit CC emulator along, but I had to sacrifice mute button for that. It's a shame that VW has omitted important mute button recently on new steering wheels. :evil: Mute button is so important for me so that I sacrificed CC buttons on wheel, which I already have on left stalk.
I also circumcised the heating connector of new wheel :mrgreen: Otherwise also our steering wheel gets hot in our climatic conditions. :lol:

The back lighting of buttons is not red but instead white.. not exactly white but, I don't know what is the exact colour, but I liked it very much..milkish white with bit of Lavender :mrgreen:

Initially I had thought of changing the leds to red, but this soothing white backlight has got over my red obsessed brain. :lol:

Moreover, I observed that the white backlight of new steering wheel somehow matches with cluster white illumination. Makes sense :P

Master Ciclo has also kept white backlight.. might be for the same reason :mrgreen: viewtopic.php?p=574543#p574543

I did drive manually with paddles for few rides, I should say that my manual driving skills suck, DSG has spoiled me forever. :lol:

Namaste🙏
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

patil wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:31 pm
ciclo wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:47 pm Many goodies. 8)
Enjoy them!

... be careful not to turn your nice 6R into an all-season Christmas tree ... :lol: 🙏

Ofcourse not!!! dear Master, its like a Tajmahal for me. :mrgreen:
🤣 Amen (... and a Woman)
iichel

Post by iichel »

Did you never notice my white LEDs? :mrgreen: had them for over two years now
viewtopic.php?p=542022#p542022
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

What kind of sorcery is this iichel.. looks amazing! 8)

Posted your image here with your kind permission. :mrgreen: .. just to get inspired🙏
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

12V socket in boot:

Simple things, but make a significant difference.😀
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Direct TPMS: Strange behaviour on Polo PQ25.

The direct Tpms on my polo is behaving oddly, only when set pressures are 29psi(2.0bar) or below. Even though the set tyre pressures and actual tyre pressures are same, the white tyres grey out one by one after driving for short distance and throws warning on mid " please check tyre pressures" :shock:

The warning comes on with every ignition cycle, seems like module has a memory.

I tested another module, but the result is same. Out of curiosity, I flashed parameter with both odis& VCP, changed values in adaptation channels, still the same result. :|

The tpms works perfectly for set tyre pressures of 32psi(2.2bar)or above.

VW recommends 29psi all four tyres for 185/60/R15 size tyres for minimal load. My polo is driven alone by me for work and I always prefer lower tyre pressure for ride comfort.

Nothing like a big issue as pressures are read out accurately irrespective of set values in parameters. Just thought of sharing this strange behaviour of direct tpms on low set pressures on Polo PQ 25.

I also invite members of forum, iichel, master Ciclo, Govind, Amir, Slavik etc.. who all have installed direct TPMS on their polo's to volunteer to check if they can also reproduce this behaviour in their cars.

Thanks🙏
iichel

Post by iichel »

I will check again in the spring (April). My winter wheels do not have direct TPMS and the winter has started here. I am very sorry I cannot be of any help right now.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

This is what I have in the adaptation channels of the 65 unit for my 6R:
My TPMS has always worked and works great. 8) (original unit and original sensors ... from Europe :mrgreen:)

Maybe you should generate the file again with your parameters and load them with that new file.
There is always the possibility that the first file you generated is corrupted by some intrusion on your computer or other circumstances. :lol:
I hope you understand what I mean.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Golf 7.5 (in case it is useful for you)
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

iichel wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:01 am I will check again in the spring (April). My winter wheels do not have direct TPMS and the winter has started here. I am very sorry I cannot be of any help right now.
There is no hurry iichel.

I just want to know if this behaviour is one off phenomenon or its common in low set pressures.

Thank you.
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Thank you so much dear Master for sharing adaptations of Tpms. :D

It helps me in comparison and doing some tests. 8)

I had bought module from eBay Germany and sensors from a reliable seller from AliExpress. Sensors are manufactured by huf .. but chinese stuff.. need to take them with a pinch of salt. :mrgreen:

Here is adaptation of my address 65, looks similar to your Golf 7.5.

I have loaded now with entirely new set of parameters using VCP and so far so good. Will report back after few days and few hundred kms of run.

Namaste 🙏
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Now I remember and I have to confess that I modified the adaptation channels of 6R TPMS unit due to having that other unit that did not work due to having the wrong firmware, which actually had no effect, what really matters is the parameterization (file .zdc).

I will return the modified values to 255.

Good luck with your new file. 8) 🙏