Intermittent oil light and shaking on startup

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
AndrewCheetham
New

Intermittent oil light and shaking on startup

Post by AndrewCheetham »

Hello my daughter has the 1.2tsi 3cylinder polo match 2011 it's intermittently flasing the oil can light on dash, some days several times, other days not at all. However she said it's shaking/juddering on startup but then drives normally.
I've checked her oil level and it's bang on where it should be.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_20190331_121529.jpg
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Intermittent oil light and shaking on startup

Post by RUM4MO »

Firstly, I'm assuming that your car is a 1.2 3 cylinder and not a 1.2TSI 3 cylinder, but if it is a 1.2TSI which will be a 4 cylinder engine, this problem can be caused, it seems, but a previous oil filter O-ring seal being left in the housing that the oil filter screws into, removing the oil filter and checking for an extra O-ring seal normally stops that.

If that car is a 1.2 3 cylinder petrol engine, it might just be the oil pressure switch that is faulty and so it needs replacing, though maybe more than that is the engine is starting roughly quite often, investigate ASAP before something else happens that will cost more money.

I'll now be sarcastic and suggest that you are located in Oz - joke!

Edit:- on checking up it seems that the 2011 Polo Match was only available with the 1.2 3 cylinder petrol engine, 1.4 4 cylinder petrol engine and the 1.2 3 cylinder TDI engine, so that car should have the 1.2 3 cylinder engine.
veteran
Silver Member
Drives: TSI 90 Match Edition 1.2

Re: Intermittent oil light and shaking on startup

Post by veteran »

Yeh, the reason is that the sump's become the cylinder-head, and the cyinder-head's become the sump. Heh, heh, heh!