Clock resetting randomly

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Slider09
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 Polo 1.2 SE

Clock resetting randomly

Post by Slider09 »

Hi all

Just bought a 2015 1.2 TSI, picked it up this weekend. Noticed today that the digital clock will not retain its time.

I’ve set it a few times and each time after a few hours it changes to a random time.

Originally thought a battery issue, however it’s not defaulting back to 0:00 - which I would expect to happen if the car had battery issues.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Clock resetting randomly

Post by RUM4MO »

Hi, my wife has a late June/early July build 2015 Polo 1.2TSI SEL and its clock has never done that.
awsm
New
Drives: 6c GTI

Post by awsm »

Do you have satnav? Check the settings in the infotainment unit for time and date, you might find it's set to GPS and not manual.
awsm
New
Drives: 6c GTI

Post by awsm »

Could also be day light settings on/off. Your manually setting the clock on the dash and then the system is later adjusting it to BST.
Slider09
Getting There!

Post by Slider09 »

awsm wrote:Could also be day light settings on/off. Your manually setting the clock on the dash and then the system is later adjusting it to BST.
This looks to be the issue. I turned this off last night and checked the time this morning and it was correct.

Seems strange as I don’t have this issue on my mk7 Golf.

Thanks all for the replies.

Tanker_34
New
Drives: 2006 Mk4F w/1.9L 100PS TDi engine

Post by Tanker_34 »

Yeah, the daylight savings function is always wonky, no matter what the platform is, be it a car, a phone, a website or anything... It's better to do it manually, even if you forget, you'll mess up your time calculations once or twice a year, while it may happen much more often if you trust the automatic systems for it.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Yes I can understand why it might cause issues on a world sold PC but on a car sold into a specific market, you might expect it to work correctly, and I do agree that it doesn't!
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

People have been known to drive their cars to other countries and to desire an indication of local time.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Ricmondo wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:46 pm People have been known to drive their cars to other countries and to desire an indication of local time.
Okay but a system that does not in either of my cars change the "hour correction" at the correct car for the region is sold into, and maybe not even if left after another 6 weeks has forced me to disable that option.

The OP is suffering random clock resetting, that will not improve moving country to country, most people rely on their phones for local time syncing, well I do anyway.
Slider09
Getting There!

Post by Slider09 »

I can confirm that since turning this feature OFF, the clock has been perfect.