6R Reverse and Parking Brake Cables

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
jcsh93
New
Drives: Polo Match 2011

6R Reverse and Parking Brake Cables

Post by jcsh93 »

Hey all,

So i'm looking for some help. I've just bought an aftermarket head unit which allows a parking camera for my 2011 Match, so I thought - might as well install one!
The head unit has a reverse and parking brake cable coming out of it, however I have literally no idea where these are meant to connect to, please could someone advise?
Specific locations and how to connect would be really helpful!

Cheers!
Josh
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: 6R Reverse and Parking Brake Cables

Post by Dink »

jcsh93 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:16 pm Hey all,

So i'm looking for some help. I've just bought an aftermarket head unit which allows a parking camera for my 2011 Match, so I thought - might as well install one!
The head unit has a reverse and parking brake cable coming out of it, however I have literally no idea where these are meant to connect to, please could someone advise?
Specific locations and how to connect would be really helpful!

Cheers!
Josh
there are some features might be disabled while the car is moving (i.e parking brake off) iirc if you ground it it thinks its not moving all the time.

the reverse input is just 12v from the reverse light and will switch automatically to the camera
jcsh93
New
Drives: Polo Match 2011

Post by jcsh93 »

Dink wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:40 pm
there are some features might be disabled while the car is moving (i.e parking brake off) iirc if you ground it it thinks its not moving all the time.

the reverse input is just 12v from the reverse light and will switch automatically to the camera
So you're suggesting to not wire up the parking brake cable, as it might disable some features?
Also, I get what you're saying with regards to the camera side wired up to the reverse light. But there appears to be a cable for the reverse on the back of the head unit, any idea why this is or where it should go?

Here's an image of the back of the unit:
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

jcsh93 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:56 pm

So you're suggesting to not wire up the parking brake cable, as it might disable some features?
Also, I get what you're saying with regards to the camera side wired up to the reverse light. But there appears to be a cable for the reverse on the back of the head unit, any idea why this is or where it should go?
no what i'm saying is you'll lose features if you don't wire it up (i.e connect it to ground)

the reverse in is 12v from the reverse light to switch to camera automatically. it would never know when you are in reverse other wise