Hats off to JCT 600 Rotherham

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Gee40
Bronze Member
Drives: 2016 6c GTI (manual), 1982 Mk1Golf GTI

Hats off to JCT 600 Rotherham

Post by Gee40 »

On most owners forums I have seen, Dealers are usually ( often justifiably ) on the end of car owners wrath, but following my experience over the last few days I felt compelled to at least redress the balance slightly.

My 6c GTI went in for a routine service on Saturday morning, so I took the opportunity to ask whether VW would replace my rear nearside alloy under warranty as it had 2 or 3 small examples of white worm ( however I wasn't going to hold my breath on that one.) An hour after leaving the car I was sent a video clip of my cars inspection which pointed out the 2 front tyres on 2.1mm ( not bad for nearly 17k miles) which I knew about and a leak from the thermostat housing which the technician said should be replaced under warranty. I decided to leave the car with them and agreed to pick it up on when ready on Monday or Tuesday. Monday morning I get a call from JCT telling me the bad news that the car wouldn't be ready until Tuesday but the good news being the delay was because the wheel would be replaced under warranty but would arrive in time for a Monday collection.

I then picked the car up on Tuesday even at 6.30pm, alloy wheel and thermostat housing replaced under warranty and 2 new tyres priced matched to a reasonable £118 and drove away only to find the car had very little power and the EPC light came on after 5 minutes. I called JCT this morning and told them what happened fully expecting an immediate denial that the issue was a coincidence and nothing they had done, or at least a requirement to bring the car back to them (80 mile round trip). Much to my amazement there was no quibble only a suggestion they send a technician to me at work (who was very friendly and apologetic) who arrived and had it fixed within 3 hours of the phone call. He confirmed a pipe from the Turbo had come off and so the car was running with no boost and its likely that it hadn't been properly tightened following the replacement of the thermostat housing. I appreciate some will criticise the dealer for this mistake in the first place, but mistakes happen and for me the test of real service is how such issues are put right. In this regard and for getting alloy replaced under warranty I cant praise JCT 600 Rotherham highly enough.

I'll now put my tin hat on as the Dealer critics take aim
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Re: Hats off to JCT 600 Rotherham

Post by joe6 »

Expectations are that a good dealership would return the car without fault. It was not tested after repairs as the fault they created was not spotted so not amongst the best!!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Hats off to JCT 600 Rotherham

Post by RUM4MO »

Exactly, when my wife's Polo was in getting the gearbox top mounting replaced while under warranty, the "fixer" disconnected the battery sense cable and forgot to refit it, it was only a few days later when I was wondering why the car was not auto stopping/starting, that I had a nose around under the bonnet and discovered that the lead had not been reconnected - I just refitted it and that sorted that out, another reason why I'll not be spending my money getting them to do any jobs that I can do properly and when it suits us. The call has already come in requesting us to book the car in for its year 4 service as it must be done by them - eh, no!