Boot liner recommendations for 6C?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ahfh1
New
Drives: 6c

Boot liner recommendations for 6C?

Post by ahfh1 »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a boot floor liner? One that fits nicely. It will mainly be in the deeper lower down level so we can fit our huge pram in there.

Thanks!
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Re: Boot liner recommendations for 6C?

Post by exantas »

Have you considered the ones that you can get as original accessories from VW? They will have perfect fit, they usually have different thinknes options and since they have a carpart number you can source them from different locations.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

ahfh1
New

Post by ahfh1 »

Original VW ones would he nice. Just that usually they are pricey but if anyone can recommend somewhere that sells VW accessories at a good price then I'd be very much tempted.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@ahfh1; There are two versions of the boot liner;

- Part no. 6R0061160A; boot liner for when the variable floor is in the upper position
- Part no. 6R0061160; boot liner for the lower boot floor position

So it’s 6R0061160 that you’d need if your priority is to maximise boot space but have a load liner in place.

A quick google search turned up this one on eBay - new, unused and in its packaging - for £20 plus £5 delivery. I doubt you’ll find a genuine new one any cheaper;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/GENUINE-VOLKSW ... 1705645242
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I found with the older version of Polo, ie the 9N/9N3, VW didn't seem to market these items very well, so while my wife had a 9N Polo, and I was in my VW dealer collecting some service parts, I bumped into a stack of these boor liners being sold off very cheaply - and grabbed one, almost fits the lower level okay in my wife's current 2015 6C Polo, lives down in there covered with "essential stuff" and hidden by the upper base!

Maybe that is again what has happened and prompted someone to off load these ones that are on ebay.

Edit:- ah yes, an enterprising VW Group dealership moving them out!
ahfh1
New

Post by ahfh1 »

Thanks SRGTD!
ahfh1
New

Post by ahfh1 »

ahfh1
New

Post by ahfh1 »

I went ahead and bought the official boot liner from ebay. This is what it looks like fitted in the lowered height position.

ahfh1
New

Post by ahfh1 »

As you can see, the top left and right corners aren't exactly flush which is disappointing seeing as this is an official VW product.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Yes, it was okay for me reusing the 2002 9N Polo version in my wife's 2015 6C Polo to have to force the end of the sides down under the floor brackets, but I'd not expect to have to do that when buying the correct version!
That material does do its job though - only issue in my wife's 2015 Polo is that it is always covered with clutter and the top level floor is used, but she seems to have bought a folding flooring protector for when she buys plants and any other messy stuff!

While we are discussing boots, has anyone spotted the 2 plastic "bits" with a hole in one end, in the top cover (I think) underside, what uses that?

Edit:- the main difference between that 6R/6C cover and the 9N cover, is that the 6R/6C version has an indent to handle the folding seat split hinges - but not having that does not seem to have caused any problems when I fitted it into my wife's 6C Polo.
fleagal
New
Drives: Polo GTi 2015 6C

Post by fleagal »

I bought mine from NP Autoparts which now appears to be DriveDen. I don't have a picture to hand but it is perfectly serviceable https://www.driveden.com/car-mats-boot- ... 667:t10154
ahfh1
New

Post by ahfh1 »

fleagal wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:52 am I bought mine from NP Autoparts which now appears to be DriveDen. I don't have a picture to hand but it is perfectly serviceable https://www.driveden.com/car-mats-boot- ... 667:t10154
Looks like a better fit than the OEM version!
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Yes, why could VW not done the design/drawing correctly to suit the brackets for the raised floor position?

One thing that VW did probably get right is the material used, it is very light in weight unlike the more durable and heavy duty rubber ones which do their job but cost you a bit more in fuel and performance.

One of these linked options seems to be made from thin/flexible enough material to allow you to get access to the spare wheel area, but in reality, usually when it is time to need to get the spare wheel out, everything needs to get removed from the boot - even with an empty boot and no protective mat, in a car with the flexible floor set up, getting the spare wheel out is a bit tricky - I've tried that!
fleagal
New
Drives: Polo GTi 2015 6C

Post by fleagal »

I can confirm that the mat which I linked is lightweight and can remain in-situ when accessing the spare wheel recess.

The edges are not 'formed' into a tray shape, they are flexible so when you put the mat into position the sides bend upwards to create the edges of the tray. This is quite useful when the seats are down as there is no bump.
sd17
New
Drives: 2016 6C GTI

Post by sd17 »

fleagal wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:52 am I bought mine from NP Autoparts which now appears to be DriveDen. I don't have a picture to hand but it is perfectly serviceable https://www.driveden.com/car-mats-boot- ... 667:t10154
I know this post is from a few years ago - but I'm looking for a loadliner for my 16 plate 6C GTI. Are these 'DriveDen' ones any good?

https://www.driveden.com/product/gledri ... #aero-faqs

Update: Bought it, I'm very pleased. Half the price of the genuine VW loadliner, really good quality, thick rubber, fits perfectly.
Attachments
IMG_0576.jpg
IMG_0576.jpg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 2357 times