Removing 6R R-line Rear spoiler

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JayW
Silver Member

Removing 6R R-line Rear spoiler

Post by JayW »

Hi guys!

Might possibly need to remove this spoiler to fit my new one tomorrow, is there an easy way to do it without damaging the paint underneath?

Jay
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Removing 6R R-line Rear spoiler

Post by iichel »

Yes the spoiler itself will come off quite easily. But the spoiler holder is about a metre wide and is glued onto the normal roof spoiler along its entire length. That's a bit harder to remove.
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

iichel wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:27 pm Yes the spoiler itself will come off quite easily. But the spoiler holder is about a metre wide and is glued onto the normal roof spoiler along its entire length. That's a bit harder to remove.
Whats the best way to remove the bracket thats glued down? some cutting thread/wire?
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

JayW wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:48 pm
iichel wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:27 pm Yes the spoiler itself will come off quite easily. But the spoiler holder is about a metre wide and is glued onto the normal roof spoiler along its entire length. That's a bit harder to remove.
Whats the best way to remove the bracket thats glued down? some cutting thread/wire?
Heat and a lot of patience
polo2002
New
Drives: Polo Rline

Post by polo2002 »

How does the spoiler come off? I'm interested as the rear washer jet is not very good on mine and it appears to be part of the third brake light. This is covered by the spoiler! :roll: