CAYA - CAYB differences

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
hepike
New
Drives: 6R 2010

CAYA - CAYB differences

Post by hepike »

Hi everyone,

I have a 2010 Polo 6R with CAYA engine (55kW/75HP). I was wondering what are the differences to the CAYB (66kW/90HP) engine? I mean could a remap make the CAYA as CAYB? Or need much more than that and I should drop it?

Thanks.
SimonBartlett
New
Drives: Polo

Re: CAYA - CAYB differences

Post by SimonBartlett »

They all remap to the same 140bhp. We have just had ours done and wow what a difference. Just so much nicer to drive. Before you couldn't feel the tube at all now once you get to 1800 revs it takes off. We had a Quantum remap.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

The same happens with the CBZB/C/A 1.2 TSI petrol. (wow! :) )

In my case (CBZC - MT 5 speeds) after remapping (90 HP to 124.9 HP) I would like to have a 6-speed gearbox to reduce consumption by at least 0.5 L per 100 km.
It is not worrying, although it would be perfect. After remapping the consumption remains the same or even reduces in 'normal conditions'.

If strong accelerations are demanded, the consumption increases exponentially ... although it is extraordinarily satisfying, especially when you leave behind most the aggressive SUVs... :mrgreen:

1,2,3... taking off ... :lol:
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

The engines themselves are identical, as said before.

I.e the brakes differ.
Caya 256mm front discs with 200mm rear drums
Cayb 256mm front discs with 232mm rear discs
Cayc 288mm front discs with 232mm rear discs

For the TDI, the gearboxes are identical. They all have the 5 speed manual. There is no 6 speed manual. Of course the 7 speed dsg is optional. Small note, the Bluemotion models have 5 speed box with a longer 4th and 5th gear for extra economy
hepike
New
Drives: 6R 2010

Post by hepike »

Wow, thank you everyone. Just as I thought.

I just replaced the EGR cooler and a couple of injetor (250K in the clock). Soon I will retrofit the tempomat with mfd (it's a comfortline). After these I want to change the headunit to a bigger one, so I can retrofit the flip camera. I already ha VCDS and did some minor modification in the central electronics