Manuals?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
veteran
Silver Member
Drives: TSI 90 Match Edition 1.2

Re: Manuals?

Post by veteran »

I tend to agree with wolfie, the EasyManuals basic package doesn't appear to include any wiring diagrams (circuit diagrams). Since first acquiring the package I've looked thoroughly over it and haven't found anything of that sort. It looks as though the Erwin set that ciclo has mentioned above contains something called 'D3E801ED678 - Electrical System. pdf', but that's not included in the EasyManuals package. Regardless of whether ciclo's might be somewhat more up-to-date, it seems that EasyManuals have omitted a pdf covering the electrical system, presumably one that is of the wiring diagrams of the entire car. By 'wiring diagrams', I mean circuit schematics that show the connectivities and colour codes of the vehicle's wiring. ['current flow diagrams' is a complete misnomer, incidentally, and was probably written by a draughtsman who didn't know the first thing about electronics. 'Wiring diagrams' are the kinds of things iichel has often published in these forums when assisting individuals in doing mods to their Polos].
wolfie
Gold Member
Drives: 6R1-1.2 TSI (2011, CBZB, 77Kw, 35Kmiles)

Post by wolfie »

Found the majority of them in a single file. Oddly named " Airbag_systems__(L0L)__From_January_2014" All appear to be post 2014. (CBZA,B,C variants seem thin on the ground)

I expected them to be buried somewhere inside "Electrical systems or Electrical_Systems_General" Never mind, all good. At least they are there. I only had time for a quick look last evening, I should have waited until I'd looked through them all.
veteran
Silver Member
Drives: TSI 90 Match Edition 1.2

Post by veteran »

Brilliant! I've now had a look at that.

When before I was searching through all the PDFs for the wiring diagrams I must have flicked through just the first few pages of 'Airbag systems' and rapidly concluded that that PDF was just dedicated to airbags and maybe seats. What didn't help either was that, at the beginning of that PDF, there's no index.

And RUM4MO, how right you were!

I'm indebted to you, wolfie, for finding them. I'd been looking for them for weeks and weeks and had concluded, quite wrongly it's transpired, that they'd been omitted.
wolfie
Gold Member
Drives: 6R1-1.2 TSI (2011, CBZB, 77Kw, 35Kmiles)

Post by wolfie »

veteran wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:25 pm By 'wiring diagrams', I mean circuit schematics that show the connectivities and colour codes of the vehicle's wiring. ['current flow diagrams' is a complete misnomer, incidentally, and was probably written by a draughtsman who didn't know the first thing about electronics. 'Wiring diagrams' are the kinds of things iichel has often published in these forums when assisting individuals in doing mods to their Polos].
I have to say when I first came across the "current-track" style of wiring diagram it took me a little while to get used to them. I found a couple of YouTube video's by Ross-Tech that were really informative, it's definitely worth taking a little look if you have the time. There is also an associated PDF that is worth downloading.

https://www.ross-tech.com/training/