Blue GT Help

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Karma95
New
Drives: Blue GT

Blue GT Help

Post by Karma95 »

Hi, am seriously looking at getting a Blue GT as my next car so have been doing some research into any problems owners have had with it. Have seen a lot about an overheating issue.
Was hoping people on this forum would be able to give me more info about this and any other problems they've had/ know of and things to look out for when buying one.
Thanks in advance!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Blue GT Help

Post by SRGTD »

I’m not aware of overheating issues with the 1.4 ACT engine in the Polo Blue GT.

A quick search on the forum and a Google search on the internet does suggest there may be overheating issues with the 1.4 TDI (diesel) engine used in the Polo.
snre
New
Drives: Polo BlueGT 150ps 2016

Post by snre »

I've owned by Blue GT for a few months now, done 5k miles in it, I got it quite low mileage at about 18k miles.
Obviously I'm not going to be running into any major issues at this point but I do fairly put the car through it's paces and it seems to take it in its stride.

Have had no issues that required me to use my warranty or even take it to a garage, it's getting a service soon before I start doing some modifications to it but other than that it runs like clockwork.

The only issue I see with it is the lack of aftermarket parts available. This is due to the design of multiple things in the engine not being very compatible with a lot of aftermarket modifications, the side skirt and bumper design restrict what you can do in terms of bodywork, and there is no Stage 2 remap available for it from what I can find.

With that said, you can in theory very easily modify the car to run faster than the GTI if you're prepared to remap it, you can make an induction kit if you have the patience, you can add a 1.8 gti catback exhaust on it, and there are a lot of things such as lowering springs, coils, alloys that you can also look at.

This of course is all under the assumption that you want to modify the car.

In terms of fuel economy I return anywhere from 35-60mpg dependent on how I drive, and even when driving flat out for a long period of time never coming out of third gear I'll not dip below 20mpg. A main average including all types of my driving and styles is about 40-45mpg on premium fuel.

First gear can go up to about 34-35mph, second gear to 65-70, and third gear all the way up to 92. Do not underestimate the 1.4 turbo engine, it may not be a GTI but it is a bloody fast car considering you can still get great fuel economy from it. Perfect all arounder IMO.
27_craig
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by 27_craig »

Hello

I’ve had my Polo BlueGT for around 5 months now and I have to say it is a fantastic little car and very very quick for a 1.4 tsi!

I was all for getting a GTI but as I do over 250 miles a week commuting to and from work I settled for the BlueGT as it’s much cheaper to run and tax, insure etc. On my commute which is 50 miles a day I normally get around 45-50mpg on a mix of A and B roads which is pretty good for a quick car. I have had it up to 55 ish on dual carriageway etc.

I have had only one small issue with my polo which could happen to anyone and that is that the oxygen sensor failed a couple of weeks ago! Other than that no problems at all.

I have the DSG gearbox and it is very quick off the line and a pleasure to drive. Also the BlueGT looks pretty cool too.

Also I’ve not heard of any overheating issues either.

Here’s mine below

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk