Your experiences of VW extended warranty.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Polonut
New
Drives: 2020 Polo Match 1Litre TSI

Your experiences of VW extended warranty.

Post by Polonut »

Hi there
have just received a follow up letter to advise that Polo warranty expires soon. This promises the moon if I take up the extended warranty option.
I have had previously via the skoda forum heard related experiences of the skoda extended warranty, which frankly (seemingly) was not worth the paper it was written on.
Skoda and/or their dealers seem to be in denial that their product has shortcomings - and as a result of this are reluctant to carry out warranty work. There is one famous alleged instance where the owner reported a major problem. This was disputed by the dealer and nothing was immediately done. Three months into the extended warranty - failure (big time) occurred. Repair under warranty was refused BECAUSE the owner had not had the required repair done at the time it was reported !!! He was told that had the original repair been done at the time - this would have avoided the high costs of the repair now due. Keep in mind that the dealer had originally told the owner that all was well. I would make it absolutely clear that I cannot verify that this story is 100% true - there are always two sides to every story.
Your experiences of the VW warranty follow up would be much appreciated.
DACA
New
Drives: Black 1.4 TDi SE BMT 2015

Re: Your experiences of VW extended warranty.

Post by DACA »

Hi I had what was supposed to be two years extra warranty which turned out to be the 3rd and final year of normal warranty and a further supposedly extended warranty. I did not rate the response form VW customer services for work that had been done at a dealer and feel that the other year of warranty is not worth that paper it is written on.. Brake judder is fair wear and tear, I covered less than 8k so the wear on the discs and judder were not of my creation and a tear appearing in the rubber grommet for the fuel tank is not cover full stop.

So all in all poor response form VW customer services and the dealers to get items rectified. So would I recommend the extra warranty NO
Polonut
New
Drives: 2020 Polo Match 1Litre TSI

Post by Polonut »

Hi DACA

as I feared - the 'extended warranty' promises much but delivers little. Anyone else able to offer their experiences of 'extended warranty'?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Polonut wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:38 am Hi DACA

as I feared - the 'extended warranty' promises much but delivers little. Anyone else able to offer their experiences of 'extended warranty'?
No experience of the warranty, but I do have experience of trying to speak to someone at VW about it.

I had a query I wanted clarification on before buying VW’s extended warranty. VW seem to try and push you down the on line purchase route to make the buying process fully automated and on line - perhaps they don’t want or don’t expect people to ask questions before purchasing. I spoke to VW Customer Services who weren’t able to answer my query. I wanted to email my query, so I’d have a written reply back for future reference. VWCS give me an invalid email address. I contacted them again and they gave me an alternative email address which I used, but never received a reply to my query or to my follow up reminder.

In the end I gave up and didn’t bother buying the warranty.
Mehitabel
New
Drives: 2017 GTI manual & Golf mk 6 GTI

Post by Mehitabel »

Extended warranty worked like magic ... 2017 GTI secondary water pump failed. One phone call had the car collected and the courtesy car was waiting. No dispute repair was carried within 2 days. Local VW agent was service at its best...
from Mehitabel, long time Golf and Polo GTI enthusiast.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Mehitabel wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:14 pm Extended warranty worked like magic ... 2017 GTI secondary water pump failed. One phone call had the car collected and the courtesy car was waiting. No dispute repair was carried within 2 days. Local VW agent was service at its best...
from Mehitabel, long time Golf and Polo GTI enthusiast.
Wouldn’t your 2017 GTI still be covered under 3 year new car factory warranty until next year, rather than an extended VW warranty?