Is there a way to determine factory options fitted..

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
adccl8z
New
Drives: none

Is there a way to determine factory options fitted..

Post by adccl8z »

Just from the number plate or vin? Ford have etis which is publicly accessible for this sort of thing, do VW?

Tks
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Re: Is there a way to determine factory options fitted..

Post by exantas »

I've used this site for my car and I have verified the options that I could.

https://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/volkswagen

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I've never ever had a luck with using that site, maybe there is a trick in how to use it?
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

adccl8z wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:17 pm Just from the number plate or vin? Ford have etis which is publicly accessible for this sort of thing, do VW?

Tks
There is something called "CAR DATA" and any main dealership can find that within their parts management system, and print off many pages of useful info.

For me, this is becoming more relevant as my older daughter has just bought a new Leon Cupra, and there is not the usual short listing ie the build sheet stuck to the side of the spare wheel well, like there is with my wife's 2015 Polo, also with that new Leon Cupra, there is no service/owners paperwork with the customer's build sheet stuck on its front page - as there used to be.

I've requested and been given CAR DATA printout for my old 2000 VW Passat, my wife's old 2002 VW Polo, my daughter's old 2009 SEAT Ibiza, my 2011 Audi S4 and my wife's 2015 VW Polo, so I expect that I will be able to get thus same info for the 2019 SEAT Leon.
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Post by exantas »

RUM4MO wrote:I've never ever had a luck with using that site, maybe there is a trick in how to use it?
I don't know if it is different for vw. I have tested it for Skoda Fabia cars and I thought it would work for vw as well.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

massimo23
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Beats 2017

Post by massimo23 »

yes I have used the carinfo website on various vins of vw golfs and polos and worked great. the only problem it had it was limited to 3 vin searches a day.. unless you vpn :))))
ahfh1
New
Drives: 6c

Post by ahfh1 »

Audi and VW specification checker helpline on 08005423037. Just let them know the registration number. I used this when I was buying a used Polo so I could find out exactly what options were ordered from factory fit. Also you can ask for when the previous car services were done (by approved VW dealers only).
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

There is a white sticker in the boot below the carpet. Usually on the left side. Next to the spare wheel well. On it is your vin, engine code, gearbox code and paint code. There is also a list of 3-letter codes called pr codes. These indicate all your factory options.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

For me, that white sticker, which I think is no longer fitted to cars and with digital record keeping it is not handed out elsewhere, is only the start of finding out what options are fitted. CAR DATA carries a lot more information.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

massimo23 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:50 am
yes I have used the carinfo website on various vins of vw golfs and polos and worked great. the only problem it had it was limited to 3 vin searches a day.. unless you vpn :))))
Yes, but I have never ended up with a table or list of PR codes for VW cars, and just had the option to re-enter that data, and the searches remaining has never dropped so I don’t what I’ve been doing wrong.