BlueGT 2017. Android auto?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
RichieCUK
New
Drives: BlueGT

BlueGT 2017. Android auto?

Post by RichieCUK »

Hi I've just got my first Polo. A 2017 BlueGT.

What I would like to know is will the entertainment system be upgradeable to android auto?

Would I need to go to a VW dealership and pay, to get it installed?

Sorry for the silly question but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: BlueGT 2017. Android auto?

Post by SRGTD »

App Connect was a factory fit option on the 6c Polo, so firstly, press the ‘Menu’ button at the side of the infotainment unit screen to see if you have an ‘app connect’ icon.

Not all the early infotainment units fitted in the 6c Polo (which yours will be) we’re app connect compatible, but as yours is a 2017 car, then there’s a good chance it is. If so it’ll either be active already (if the first owner specified this as an option when they ordered the car or subsequently had it retro-activated) or the functionality is there for it to be retro-activated.

If the functionality does exist but isn’t active, by pressing the ‘App Connect icon’ you’ll get a message something along the lines of ‘you can activate this function by purchasing an activation key from your VW dealer’. The cost to activate is around £250.

There’s a lengthy discussion thread at the link below which will help you determine whether or not App Connect can be retro-activated on your infotainment unit;

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=67691&hilit