2016 Polo BlueGT Aftermaket Headunit

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
RichieCUK
New
Drives: BlueGT

2016 Polo BlueGT Aftermaket Headunit

Post by RichieCUK »

Hi everyone,

I pick up my first Polo on Friday. I'm super excited and cant wait. As someone who has had Toyota's for the better part of a decade (boring I know but so reliable), I cant wait to take my Polo BlueGT out for a spin.

ITs a 16 plate and comes with parking senors, the only thing missing is Android Auto.

I've been looking on ebay for replacement head units and have seen these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Radio-RC ... ba141b25d3

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-5-Car-Radi ... Sw3HFdW8wo

Am I correct in thinking these are the correct after market head units I would need and does any one have experience with these?

Ideally I would want to take it to a garage for them to fit it or even a main dealer if that's something they would do.

Alternatively does anyone know of any custom places who would be able to source and install one of these? I want to keep all the same functionality as the current head unit but just gain android auto.

Thanks,

Rich
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: 2016 Polo BlueGT Aftermaket Headunit

Post by Dink »

Those units are designed for the pre facelift 6r polo.

The unit in a 6c controls a lot of the functions in the car that you would lose fitting a unit like those.

It's does seem possible to change the stock unit to one that can accept the app connect activation.
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Post by exantas »

There is this alpine unit, but I have never seen it in person. Just know that it exists
https://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/hea ... t-x802polo

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@RichieCUK; you say that your infotainment unit is missing Android Auto. Are you aware that if you have an App Connect compatible infotainment unit, you can get it App Connect activated on your existing infotainment unit? - the cost of doing this is around £250.

Here’s a couple of discussion threads that should help you establish if your infotainment unit is App Connect compatible. If it is, getting it activated would be easier and less hassle than changing the infotainment unit, with the risk of losing some of the existing functionality.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=73675&sid=804ce509 ... 28014524e2

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=67691&hilit
RichieCUK
New
Drives: BlueGT

Post by RichieCUK »

If I had an app connect compatible has unit wouldn't there be an app connect icon on the infotainment system menu? Becuase mine doesn't have one so I assume I can't get it. Also mine has a new button in the bottom left corner and according to another thread that means it's not app connect compatible