Fob needs clicking twice for passanger

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
F17ANT
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.0

Fob needs clicking twice for passanger

Post by F17ANT »

Hey everyone

Long shot but is there a way I can change a setting to let the passanger door unlock by pressing the fob once?

Ant
JaegerStriker
Bronze Member
Drives: 6C GTI

Re: Fob needs clicking twice for passanger

Post by JaegerStriker »

check car settings under convenience. theres an unlock all doors setting
F17ANT
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.0

Post by F17ANT »

Thank you all done :D
Aquavalver
Silver Member
Drives: 2013 Polo Blue GT

Post by Aquavalver »

I need to do this also!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I prefer it working the way it’s programmed from the factory.

With the first press on the unlock button and only the driver’s door unlocking, it stops any unwanted/uninvited ‘passengers’ getting in the doors on the passenger side of the car if you’ve had to park in areas that aren’t particularly safe or you aren’t familiar with. Similarly, when locking the car, a single press on the lock button deadlocks the doors, whereas in non-VW cars I’ve owned, you have to press the lock button twice for the deadlocks to activate.

Each to their own, but I won’t be changing the locking functionality on my car. When I have passengers, it’s no real hardship to have to press the unlock button on the key fob twice to let the passengers open the other doors.
Last edited by SRGTD on Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:46 pm I prefer it working the way it’s programmed from the factory.

With the first press on the unlock button and only the driver’s door unlocking, it stops any ‘unwanted’ passengers getting in the doors on the passenger side of the car if you’ve had to park in areas that aren’t particularly safe or you aren’t familiar with. Similarly, when locking the car, a single press on the lock button deadlocks the doors, whereas in non-VW cars I’ve owned, you have to press the lock button twice for the deadlocks to activate.

Each to their own, but I won’t be changing the locking functionality on my car. When I have passengers, it’s no real hardship to have to press the unlock button on the key fob twice to let the passengers open the other doors.
and another safety feature is the boot stays locked with only one press.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

joe6 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:54 pm and another safety feature is the boot stays locked with only one press.
I think that the boot also relocks under most conditions, ie you unlock the car fully > boot also unlocked > drive off and boot relocks > stop, boot remains locked until either you open the driver's door or remove the ignition key - or press the "unlock" button located inside the car. That also includes when the car has "anti car jacking" or auto locking disabled, and has been like that for many many years for all VW Group products.