Is 35,000 miles too much for a 17 plate?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
zachhashley
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Is 35,000 miles too much for a 17 plate?

Post by zachhashley »

Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for a new Polo GTI and I've come across a 2017 plate which is immaculate both inside and out, but it has also done 35,000 miles. Now I get that in 'normal' car terms this isn't a lot, but is it a lot for a high-performance car like a Polo GTI? And what about things like services?

I'd like to know your thoughts, and look, I'm new to the forum and new to the world of Polo GTI's - so any advice is welcome!

Cheers
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: Is 35,000 miles too much for a 17 plate?

Post by Dink »

The polo GTI is not really that high performance to be worried about that mileage.

As long as the price is right for the mileage it should be fine.
fleagal
New
Drives: Polo GTi 2015 6C

Post by fleagal »

I've got a 2015 GTi with 42k on the clock. Given the choice I would have a 2017 with the same mileage as long as there was a full service history.

Big mileage in a short period usually suggests motorway driving which should not stress the engine too much although you will have to be vigilant when inspecting for stone chips.

Depending upon when the car was registered (assuming it is a 17 plate rather than a 67 plate), the average on the car you are looking at is 13-16k per year which is nothing to worry about in my mind.
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

As already said, service history is important. If serviced by VW dealership then you can get a service history printout at any VW garage. If worn or new pads and discs it might have been driven hard. Should still have some warranty left. If at all worried could think about an extended warranty?
zachhashley
New

Post by zachhashley »

It comes with a full service history and is from a trusted VW dealer - who ensure the car has been seriously well looked after by just one owner. I'm probably being over cautious, but I guess that doesn't hurt ey.

Anyway, I'm picking it up on the 2nd November and I can't F****** wait!!!
zachhashley
New

Post by zachhashley »

It comes with a full service history and is from a trusted VW dealer - who ensure the car has been seriously well looked after by just one owner. I'm probably being over cautious, but I guess that doesn't hurt ey.

Anyway, I'm picking it up on the 2nd November and I can't F****** wait!!!
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

Enjoy...... :)