some errors after upgrading 1S0937087D bcm to 1S0937090F

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: some errors after upgrading 1S0937087D bcm to 1S0937090F

Post by ciclo »

You still have to connect the four wires that produce the four faults, + T73a/62 wire. You know how to do it, the three images of firts page are clear.

T73b/68 is present because in your VW up! MY D 2013 feeds the output of pin for license plate light (BCM internal process). You must remove/isolate the thin wire that is present and install the one (1.0mm2) I indicated you.

The M29 error (yes or not) is due to the above and because the rules of the game have changed, 'New coding'.
H2Deetoo
Getting There!
Drives: VW UP/Passat B6

Post by H2Deetoo »

>You still have to connect the four wires that produce the four faults, + T73a/62 wire. You know how to do it, the three images of firts page are clear.
Yesm they are clear, thanks. I am gathering the terminals and preparing the wires, so this will be continued...

>T73b/68 is present because in your VW up! MY D 2013 feeds the output of pin for license plate light (BCM internal process).
OK.

>You must remove/isolate the thin wire that is present and install the one (1.0mm2) I indicated you.
Unfortunately I can't post a picture but the wire in T73b/68 is not thin, I believe it is 1mm2 already.
Anyway I will check it next time I work on it again.

Btw, I have looked at several schematics from you about auto lights where you always use a relay for main lights and fog lights.
Why do you use a relay and why not connect the main and fog lights to the appropriate output pins of the bcm?

Regards,
H2Deetoo
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Because for 6R there are two possible installations for fog lights depending on the headlights. I was forced to make/design an automatic light wiring that would be suitable for all models regardless of the factory electrical installation for the fog lights. (and regardless of the information provided to me by customers, which in many cases is totally null)

Simple solution = .....
Standard wiring for all = .....

Some users/customers in their adaptations/retrofits had to change the electrical installation for the fog lights due to the subsequent installation of Bixenon headlights, so regardless of the time at which they did the retrofitting of the Bixenon headlights the automatic lights worked perfectly, before and after. (with H7 / H4 or Bixenon)

I have even sold some automatic lights wiring for 6R R WRC with relay for fog lights. The 6R R WRC does not have fog lights from the factory, but the customer wanted to do something special with this installation with a light switch with the fog lights position, I think he wanted to install additional projectors or something similar. :lol:
I don't know if he carried out the installation.

The relay for fog lights is not necessary if the fog lights have BCM control.

Any other question? :lol:

---
Original T73b/68 color wire. :?:
H2Deetoo
Getting There!

Post by H2Deetoo »

Thanks for your detailed information, no further questions as of yet :)

>Original T73b/68 color wire?

The color is red/yellow, and next to it on location 67 is an even bigger red/yellow wire.
According to the wire diagrams pin T73b/67 is 2.5mm2 so pin 68 is smaller but for sure it is 1mm2 (maybe even 1.5mm2).

Rgs H2Deetoo
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

H2Deetoo wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:06 am Thanks for your detailed information, no further questions as of yet :)

>Original T73b/68 color wire?

The color is red/yellow, and next to it on location 67 is an even bigger red/yellow wire.
According to the wire diagrams pin T73b/67 is 2.5mm2 so pin 68 is smaller but for sure it is 1mm2 (maybe even 1.5mm2).

Rgs H2Deetoo
The original red/yellow wire for the T73b/68 pin is 0.75mm2, but if you install one of 1.0mm2 or even a 1.5mm2 you will reduce the resistance of the wire itself and in turn its operating temperature. The same for T73a/63.
It is not that it is something important, but since we make a new installation protected with fuses (15A each), I suppose it will be better with a somewhat thicker wire.

The original T73b/67 of 2.5mm2 wire in your VW up! MY it's to feed the heated rear window, under BCM control (codifiable internal process - automatic/button).
H2Deetoo
Getting There!

Post by H2Deetoo »

Hi ciclo,

Today (and yesterday) I finally had some time to install the missing wires for the LB/HB, and also put in some wires for the parking lights (not yet completed).
Sure enough LB/HB still seems to work, and no more errors about low beam in bcm :lol:

I did leave J33 but I removed SC11 and SC13 fuses.

My plan will be in the end to connect all remaining lights to the bcm, like parking lights, fog etc. and even install RLS sensor and auto lights, but I have only limited time and I can only work outside so I depend on the weather and daylight
These are the main reasons my progress is going slowly, but it goes ...

Thanks again for your help and valuable info!

Gracias,
H2Deetoo
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

I see that you like to get good results. From a minimum of wires that you planned to install at the beginning (with an uncertain result) to completely modify the lights ... that's fine. 8)

Do not worry about the time it takes, so the uncertainty of knowing that everything will work properly lasts longer. :lol:

I will follow your progress.
Met vriendelijke groet, Fernando.
H2Deetoo
Getting There!

Post by H2Deetoo »

Hi,

I am studying some wire diagrams and your solution for auto light.
I have a question regarding this:

In your parking lights solution for my UP you say to connect T17/14 to T73a/45,
Why do you suggest this? Why not leave T73a/45 connected to T17/16 ?
(The reason I ask this is when I go to auto lights then I don't have output T17/14 anymore, and it seems T17/16 (=T10/3) is the right signal to control the parking lights?)

Thanks,
H2Deetoo
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

H2Deetoo wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:40 pm Hi,

I am studying some wire diagrams and your solution for auto light.
I have a question regarding this:

In your parking lights solution for my UP you say to connect T17/14 to T73a/45, ... Solution when T17 connector is present ... without automatic lights.

Why do you suggest this? Why not leave T73a/45 connected to T17/16 ?
Because for 6R I had to discover a hidden secret in the wiring that I will not tell to anyone, hmm... okay, I will say it. :lol:
There is a hidden diode inside the wires (58 signal) of 6Rs with BCM 087 to make other functions possible with this type of BCM, it must be removed when BCM Max is installed. The best way to isolate/remove said diode/wire is by adding a new wire. Don't know if it is the same for your vw up!.
However for your vw up! it is necessary to isolate the 58 signal from the power supply of the license plate lights (T73b/7), which is also 58 signal, but it makes possible the codings of the parking lights (P" on stalk)... ... and so, your vw up!, don't look like a Christmas tree when you use this function :lol: , and is within the legal conditions.

The reason I ask this is when I go to auto lights then I don't have output T17/14 anymore, and it seems T17/16 (=T10/3) is the right signal to control the parking lights?
No problem if this wire with 58 signal is in the 14 slot or 16 slot, insert the wire with 58 signal through slot 8 of the RED coupling.

Thanks,
H2Deetoo

RED coupling? :lol: ... hmm... I can manufacture your wiring for automatic lights, if it's your wish. :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=69223&p=516196#p516196
81€ + shipping with HQ relays (x2).
96€ + shipping with original relays. 646 model (x2)
Both types of relays will work just as well.

... and an additional harness with the RED coupling (DRLs signal, parking/side lights signal, front fog lights signal, rear fog light signal and supply) that goes from the BCM Max to the new AUTO lights switch. + 25€

Warning:
Before installing the wiring for automatic lights, you must modify the electrical installation of your current DRLs, front fog lights and plate light, they must be under BCM Max control. That is, from BCM to the connectors of the mentioned lights. Front fog lights wiring is not absolutely necessary (as I explained in previous posts), but I recommend doing so to have the Static Cornering Lights and their codings/adaptations.
You must also finish the installation (two wires) you are currently doing for the parking/side lights. (40a,41a)
H2Deetoo
Getting There!

Post by H2Deetoo »

Hi ciclo,

Thank you again for your detailed information, it really helps.

Yesterday I started finishing the parking light connections but ran into some problems; Some terminals were very hard to pull from fuse box and I even broke a wire and so that fuse terminal is stuck now :cry:
In the end I managed to relocate that fuse (SC23) to another free location (SC13), but ran out of time to complete the job.

So now only 1 parking light is connected to the BCM, and that leaves me only with 1 remaining error about the other parking light :lol:
When the weather clears up here I will try and finish it.
I can manufacture your wiring for automatic lights, if it's your wish.
Really? I thought you had stopped making wire looms?
Anyway I am interested, but to be honest I am not sure when or if I will get the RLS sensor sorted. And without it the automatic lights have no real usage obviously.

So for now I will try to get as much wiring sorted as I can (parking lights, fog lights, plate light), and hopefully I can get back to you later on this subject if possible?

Anyway thank you for support as much as you have given already.

Rgs H2Deetoo
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

I fully understand all your circumstances.
Do not worry about the stuck terminal, try to pull it with a fine-pointed pliers while pushing with the terminal removal tool. You should move the terminal extraction tool slightly while doing this operation, at some point/time the terminal tabs will be folded and the terminal can be removed. Patience, a lot of patience...
It is advisable to use terminal extraction tools and not use hairpins or similar gadgets ... :lol:

Well, I reported here that I would make some wiring looms for the forum. I had some orders from friends and this is only 'cheap' and salable if the HQ material order is considerably large.
This way everyone happy ... the sellers of materials, transport companies, buyers of wiring looms and 'me'.

We will wait that you have better weather and environmental conditions to make decisions (RLS, automatic lights wiring, etc).
H2Deetoo
Getting There!

Post by H2Deetoo »

Ah ok I see you are only planning to sell only 4 .. then I will buy one loom :D

I need the A loom only for auto lights with 2 HQ relays for main beam and front fog lights (because for now I wont directly connect them).
I dont have DRL lights and I have done most of the bcm max wiring myself, so I can finish the rest as well.

You can put in the 2 wires for rear fog light on bcm control, those I still need.

I will make a list of all wires i think i need to compare them with your list, so we dont misunderstand each other.

Thank you for your offer.

Best regards,
H2Deetoo
H2Deetoo
Getting There!

Post by H2Deetoo »

If I compare my situation with that of Danikd (Skoda Citigo is same as VW Up) I can see I have already (or almost) completed the following wiring:
WL1 (WL1a+WL1c)

The leaves me only with WL1b which is the J33 bridge, but from what I can see I don't need it either.

I would need WL2 :
- WL2a, but no need for T73b/29 because I don't have DRL lights, nor planned.
(T73b/4 must be connected to orig wire T17/16 for interiour lighting correct?)
- WL2b

No need for WL3 because I have this wire prepared already, but not placed yet.

I would need WL4 with 2x HQ relays.

I hope I covered it all without missing something.
Please correct me where I'm wrong,

H2Deetoo
H2Deetoo
Getting There!

Post by H2Deetoo »

Would it be possible to add wire T73a/7 to T10/5 (=T17/8) to the loom?
I might be interested in using the front fog lights as cornering lights, in the future though.

No problem if you want to stick to your "standard" looms though, just let me know.

Regards,
H2Deetoo
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

OK.
I had already thought about it, in fact, I thought about all the possibilities for now and for the future.
Everything will be 90€ + shipping. Do you agree?
Wiring for automatic lights + read below.

Harness from RED connector to the BCM. "For a clean installation".

- Rear fog light x2. (signal, feed)
- Wire for T73a/45, to avoid possible problems. (isolate original or currently installed)
- Isolated wires inside this harness, for DRLs signal -29b- and front fog lighs signal -7a-. To connect only and exclusively if you do new installations for these lights in the future (only 4 wires from BCM to these lights).

Note: If you install the two T73b/9 and 10 wires for the front fog lamps under BCM control, in order to have the SCLs, you must power the T73b/11 pin with a +30 signal/1.5mm2 wire protected with a 15A fuse.

erWin: Basic equipment. From November 2013, No. 25/1, forgets this +30 feed in the diagrams.
It doesn't seem that you currently have it installed.
https://imgur.com/9JeVsLf

---

By other side, for your UP, there are two possible ways to power the interior lights of the switches with signal 58 (I mean the backlights - climatronic, window switches, light switch, headlight range regulation switch, etc -).

First way:
Without dimmer for interior lights of the switches. (current state)
In order that the wires are inside the harnesses and not individually, that is, a clean installation, the wire dedicated to feed the signal 58 -T73b/4-, can be included inside the wiring for automatic lights.

Second way:
With dimmer for interior lights of the switches. NEW Dimmer: 6R0941333
The same as before but the wire dedicated to feed the signal 58 would be included in the harness with the RED connector, routed in its final section towards the new dimmer.

- In both cases the license plate lights would be powered by this signal 58.
- One way or another will determine if it is necessary to insulate any original wire.

Note: It will always be possible to individualize the license plate light with a new wire, from T73b/7 to the license plate light if you install new Stalks with symbol P"'- parking function - in the left Stalk. https://imgur.com/SMi8kFU

What way do you prefer?