Loss of electric power

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Autobahn2000
New
Drives: Polo

Loss of electric power

Post by Autobahn2000 »

Hi guys I'm new to this forum and having major issues with my daughters 2015 polo 1.0 Se the car has covered 20,000 miles with full vag history,but has developed a fault after running for a few minutes just on idle,all of a sudden the dash and stereo flickers and cuts out and comes back on,the engine light,epc light,traction light,tyre warning light come on and probably more,than they go out,but than you pull away than it comes up wiper failure,you lose indicators none at all ,bonnet open warning comes on and low engine water light comes up red.But the engine runs fine and when you turn it off everything resets like there's nothing wrong.It has to many fault codes to list Vw say it needs a new wiring loom but I find this hard to believe it's as if they have priced us out of having the car done as I mentioned it's 20,000 mile any help or clues to what could be wrong would gratefully received thanks jay.
akshayP
New
Drives: POLO 6C

Re: Loss of electric power

Post by akshayP »

Run a diagnostics scan and see what shows. Also, get your battery checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Autobahn2000
New

Post by Autobahn2000 »

Hi there it shows just about every fault code possible and battery seems fine starts first time and not sluggish many thanks jay
akshayP
New
Drives: POLO 6C

Post by akshayP »

I had similar issue and turned out to be battery even though the car would start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Autobahn2000
New

Post by Autobahn2000 »

Hi there thanks for that it's worth ago many thanks jay.