Patil's 6R RHD Heated side mirrors wiring

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
patil
Silver Member
Drives: Polo6r/1.2TSI/DSG7, T-roc'20 1.5TSI/DSG7

Patil's 6R RHD Heated side mirrors wiring

Post by patil »

Belated new year greetings to everyone. :D

Master Ciclo, iichel and all experts, need help in wiring related to heated side mirrors.

Recently I bought new side mirrors which are wide angle aspheric mirrors with dimming( blue tinted ), heated and also with integrated blinkers inside the mirrors from Aliexpress. I've installed them, and wired the blinker wires by splicing and connecting to stock blinker wires, and working good. As they have heating elements also, I want to wire them oem way to enable heating function.

I don't know if its possible in my car. I did some some research and study and I made a possible wiring diagram like below:

I believe I need a new mirror control switch with both heated function as well as mirror fold for RHD 6R2959565E. My stock switch has only mirror fold function.

I've read on Drive that many people have retrofitted heated side mirrors by splicing and connecting to rear defogger wiring, so when rear defogger switch is activated, side mirrors also get heated simultaneously. I don't want to wire this way, hopefully its possible oem way.

Any help in putting me in right direction will be greatly appreciated. :D

Note to Master Ciclo:

Update regarding Ambient light wiring with ON/OFF control by defogger or start/stop button switch... you were right it doesn't work, they are just momentary push/trigger buttons. I'am currently working on a special circuit :mrgreen: to make them work like on/off switch, initial bench test results are promising, once fully tested on car, I will update with the results. :lol:
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Patil's 6R RHD Heated side mirrors wiring

Post by iichel »

It looks like your diagram is correct. Suggestion is to also use the OEM positions of the T28 door connector and activate the function with vcds.
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Sounds good, looking forward to seeing your innovations for ambient lights. :)
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Glad that the wiring I prepared is correct, thank you iichel for confirming and yes I will follow as you suggested :)

But have hit a roadblock now, in my T10 mirror switch connector, the slot T10/1 is not empty, a violet color wire is in place. Only slot which is free is T10/8.

I do not have the wiring diagrams of my 6R RHD, I am not sure if its possible to activate heated mirrors through new mirror switch.

But I feel its still possible to activate heated mirrors by selecting Byte 15, bit 3 in BCM coding without installing input wire from mirror switch to BCM.
So, activating rear defogger switch, will also activates output signal to heated mirrors internally within the BCM.

Need more clarification on this. Thanks :wink:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Check if the violet wire T10/1 is present in the T73b/58 slot of white BCM connector,
or if it's present in the slot T28/8 of driver door connector (external part of connector).

Somewhere it must be, no? Image
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

ciclo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:33 am Check if the violet wire T10/1 is present in the T73b/58 slot of white BCM connector,
or if it's present in the slot T28/8 of driver door connector (external part of connector).

Somewhere it must be, no? Image
Did the check, Master.

At neither places the violet wire is present. Both T28/8 and T73b/58 are empty.

Update:
T10/1 violet color wire in my mirror switch performs the function of folding/unfolding of mirrors. I found out by temporarily isolating the violet wire, and checking the working of switch.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

It is necessary to have the wiring diagram for switch E43 for 6Rs sold in IND (2015-->)
I was never able to get all the diagrams from the 6R IND vento/polo (604 - 602?), they are not available in erWin 'Europe'. :evil:

ELSA, updated version. :?:
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

ciclo wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:53 pm It is necessary to have the wiring diagram for switch E43 for 6Rs sold in IND (2015-->)
I was never able to get all the diagrams from the 6R IND vento/polo (604 - 602?), they are not available in erWin 'Europe'. :evil:

ELSA, updated version. :?:
Hello Master

Could able to get hold of wiring diagram of mirror switch(E43) of my Polo 6R, many thanks to Govind Sharma for that. 8)

The T10k/1 (violet wire) is conspicuously missing in the diagram :shock: also T10k/8 is not assigned.

After some consideration and deep thinking, I have arrived at something.. call it a hunch, I may be totally wrong also.

LHD Polo6R:
T10k/1---> Heating function
T10k/8---> Mirror fold/unfold

RHD Polo6R:
T10k/1--->Mirror fold/unfold function
T10k/8---> Heating function.

:wink:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Tell Govind :lol: that the folder where is the E43 switch and the folding mirrors can be extracted/copied.
Use print document by clicking on the folder, in the printer dialog box select download document on the laptop instead of the associated printer, a document (usually XPS) is generated, and then Govind can send it to my email ... :mrgreen:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Document received, thanks Govind!
Now send me the correct document. :lol:
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

patil wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:08 pm
...After some consideration and deep thinking, I have arrived at something.. call it a hunch, I may be totally wrong also.

LHD Polo6R:
T10k/1---> Heating function
T10k/8---> Mirror fold/unfold

RHD Polo6R:
T10k/1--->Mirror fold/unfold function
T10k/8---> Heating function.

:wink:
It is highly probable.👍

The rest of the wire assignment is exactly the same ---> E43 mirror switch, EU vs IND. (verified :wink: )

Keep us informed. Good luck!

---
Thank you very much Govind, you are the best.👏

---
Namaste, my friends.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

The only thing you have to keep in mind is that you are going to install an E43 switch for Europe with heating function, so 1 will be for heating and 8 for folding.

- Your current 1 will have to be transferred to position 8 of the connector, and install the new mirror heating wire in position 1 of the connector.
And never again install an E43 switch for IND ...
patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Thank you so much dear Master for your time and efforts, you are awesome. 8) 8)
ciclo wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:56 pm The only thing you have to keep in mind is that you are going to install an E43 switch for Europe with heating function, so 1 will be for heating and 8 for folding.

- Your current 1 will have to be transferred to position 8 of the connector, and install the new mirror heating wire in position 1 of the connector.
And never again install an E43 switch for IND ...
I had exactly same thought in the hindsight about switching wires for new mirror switch.. glad that sometimes our thinking coincides. :mrgreen:

I also thank iichel and my friend Govind for great help. :D

Yet to order the mirror switch and prepare the wiring. Will post the results once installation is done. :wink:

Mean time, super happy to share following video of test result for what's coming next. :mrgreen:

patil
Silver Member

Post by patil »

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is keeping good health and sailing strong through difficult times, this pandemic is setting new rules and changed the way we think of whole life species on earth, for better good. 8)

Got enough time to complete the unfinished work and also new additions, during lockdown.

Heated side mirrors installation completed successfully :D

Many thanks to iichel, master ciclo, Govind sharma, Sheetal and Nikhil for all the help you all did. 8)

The wiring diagram I prepared, the pin reassignment guess for E43 switch(LHD--->RHD) and master ciclo's suggestion were all spot on.

Heating of side mirrors, mirror fold/unfold, mirror adjustment, backlight dimming all functions of E43 switch work perfectly.

Few observations:

1. Heating of side mirror elements with E43 switch works only when engine is ON.. to prevent battery drain I guess.

2. If Byte 15, bit 3(Mirror heating ON while rear window heater ON) is selected in BCM coding, the heating of mirrors by E43 switch is disabled.

Pictures and video below:

prepared wiring harness

short clip of heating in action
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I think you can also use the BCM for this function; if you use it like the OEM heated windshield and set the shut-off time to infinity you don't need a bistable relay :wink:
BCM adaptation channel 41 = time before shut off (*30 seconds)