Weird noise??

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Georgesymons10
New
Drives: 1.2 2010 moda

Weird noise??

Post by Georgesymons10 »

Wondering if anyone can help me out, I bought a polo 2010, and I noticed over the last few weeks of driving I’ve noticed a strange spinning noise that comes and goes as I drive and gets louder and quieter. It sounds like it’s from somewhere behind the dash or glovebox but I don’t think it is the AC fan?? Any help greatly appreciated 👍🏻
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Weird noise??

Post by RUM4MO »

It could be a flap motor that has lost its marbles, ie its electrical feedback is messed up and the controller if trying and failing to control it - that will be one of the air direction or blend flap motors.

Edit:- of course, it might even have ended up with a jammed flap and the internal drive gears have stripped.

Question, when it is making that noise, can you stop it by switching the AC off completely, ie even the controller.
Georgesymons10
New

Post by Georgesymons10 »

No, I’ve tried multiple things to see if it would effect it, no music, no ac, no blower at all, re circulate off and on. There seems to be no consistency, I do plan on some point taking a look behind the glove box, just wondered if anyone on here had any ideas that was all

Edit -
I rarely drive without ac on, figured out it stops eventually after a fair amount of time with the ac off, so I’m assuming it’ll be a bearing of some form or something similar in the fan
Last edited by Georgesymons10 on Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
simmi098
New
Drives: 2016 Polo 6C GTI

Post by simmi098 »

You say "no music" but have you tried turning the stereo completely off?
Mikeso51
Bronze Member
Drives: Blue GT. Also Audi A3 1.4tfsi.

Post by Mikeso51 »

Do you only hear the noise when the engine is running? If so, could it be related a cooling fan?
Georgesymons10
New

Post by Georgesymons10 »

No, since then I’ve been busy with work and had no time to fix etc, however it comes from behind the glove box, and happens after the engine is off so makes me think it could be the beating on the fan for the ac??