Battery problem

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Jes246uk
New
Drives: 2016 polo gt

Battery problem

Post by Jes246uk »

I drive a 2016 polo GT blue motion twice now the display has come up battery 12 V low drive which I have done not sure whether I am not driving this enough and because of the cold weather also the trip does not zero back and when I push the button to zero the trip I get either the time (!) or battery SCO – – – % any ideas what this means? Any help would be much appreciated thank you
CorpsLT
New
Drives: Polo 6R 1,6 TDI

Re: Battery problem

Post by CorpsLT »

maybe battery monitor module (J367) like the one below connected to the negative battery terminal broken. Diagnostics would show that
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

If you suspect that the BDM is faulty, then just unplug its small plug that feeds the charge controller with info, otherwise get the battery health checked after recharging the battery.
Jes246uk
New
Drives: 2016 polo gt

Post by Jes246uk »

Thank you for your replies they are very much appreciated. Unfortunately I shall have to go to the VW garage as I haven't a clue - when I spoke with three different VW garages all if them said they hadn't cone across "battery soc ---%" before - well, they have now!! Car going in next week will post on here the result just in case someone else comes across this.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

SoC is State of Charge.

I'm guessing it is the module itself as i guess a fully discharged battery would show SoC 0%
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I hope that it is not yet another of these EFB batteries failing, and you getting charged far too much for a new one - maybe no good for you to know, but the equivalent Bosch or Varta EFB battery costs about £140 from Tayna, the far better equivalent AGM battery again from Bosch or Varta costs about £150 from Tayna.