Service indicator question from an old confused eejit

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Donnie
New
Drives: Polo 6R1 1.2

Service indicator question from an old confused eejit

Post by Donnie »

Hi all, Ive been a member here for years from when I had a polo but not actually been on since I sold it and went to a Touran due to circumstances.

However, the daughters passed her test and now has bought from her friend a lovely 2011 Polo 1.2 3 cylinder and as a good dad I just want to be sure all is ok. Already sorted a few wee issues for her but this ones confusing me a bit and I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me?

So, service indicator is on and if Im reading the vw book right this seems to indicate that the service is overdue by 1600 miles? Can anyone confirm this or am I reading that wrong?

ImageIMG_2721 by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Now, whats confusing is that it did have a (oil change) service at 49,751 miles and it has just over 53,000 on the clock now?

Seperately, anyone know what the -99 is above the service and trip meter is?

Sorry for what are probably stupid simple question but when you're unfamiliar with these things ...... :/ I only wish my old body would easily get in and out of a Polo and I'd have one again in a heartbeat!
Donnie
New

Re: Service indicator question from an old confused eejit

Post by Donnie »

Ah! I may have answered my own question, thought i'd look at my old posts and one of my first ever was the same confusion about that number, so looking at that then it appears that -99 means its 99 days overdue, and by that logic it's 1600 miles overdue! I am an eejit!
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

You’re correct in my understanding of it, time and distance from last reset.once reset it should show a positive number and begin to count down to zero.
Donnie
New

Post by Donnie »

Cheers for the confirmation mate, sorry about the delay in replying, I didn't get a notification.