Weird rev issue

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
MJGTI
New
Drives: 6c GTI

Weird rev issue

Post by MJGTI »

When driving along in say 4th and put the footdown the revs climb fast and theres not really any go second later the revs slowly climb down abig and the power comes almost feels like im wheelspinning any ideas? Had a few people drive my car because i thought it was clutch slip but they dont think it is, its over due a service but would that cause this issue? Any ideas would be appreciated
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: Weird rev issue

Post by Dink »

sounds exactly like clutch slip the GTI is known for it (mine started slipping at 22k with stock power)

does the gear indication change aswell when this happens?
MJGTI
New

Post by MJGTI »

Nah it doesnt give me indication it was over like 300/400 revs it would jump up, just took it out and booted the s**t out off it and its not doing it anymore🤨will give it a few weeks and see whats happning
marco_polo
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C 2016

Post by marco_polo »

Is this still happening for you?
Weirdly I put a TMC Tuning Box in my manual and had exactly the same issue as this with the box in “off mode”.
I was reassured by TMC that when turned off it provides no additional power/torque. I was concerned it was slipping clutch but once removed my troubles had gone and it hasn’t happened since.
I really want a APR Stage 1 but am worried my issue will come back. Very very strange, the gear indicator did show false gears but I’m fairly sure it calculates gear based on the speed and revs of the engine so if it were to stutter for some potential ECU madness it could cause this issue.
How is yours fairing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MJGTI
New

Post by MJGTI »

Nah mines stopped doing it after a week or so, im going apr stage 2 next friday tho and expect the clutch to need changing at somepoint in the next few months anyway