Which spark plugs?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Tigger12
New
Drives: 2015 1.2 TSI

Which spark plugs?

Post by Tigger12 »

NGK or Bosch? 2015 1.2 TSi no information in handbook for them, and why are they so expensive ?
Pierlu
Getting There!
Drives: Polo MY2015 1.2 TSI

Re: Which spark plugs?

Post by Pierlu »

I've choosen NGK replacement as the original (I don't know why so expensive but the cap is different from other spark plugs so could be for that)
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Pierlu wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:07 pm I've choosen NGK replacement as the original (I don't know why so expensive but the cap is different from other spark plugs so could be for that)
I agree, I seem to prefer NGK first time I replaced them, I ordered them in from a company that mainly only sells spark plugs, while I ordered the correct equivalent NGK code, I was sent genuine VW Group branded NGK plugs.

I have a old Laser Tools long spark plug removal socket, and it was probably at a time when spark plugs were all one "shape", so when I went to use it on these newer type of plugs, the counterbore was not big enough long enough, so the plugs stopped it being able to be fitted down far enough to cover the hex section - so I had to use an older normal deep spark plug socket and an extension from my socket set. Then I bought in 2 quality drill bits and opened out the counter bore another 20 or 30mm - ie deeper and that lets these newer shaped plugs fit correctly. I contacted Laser Tools to alter them about this, but their only comments were that the tool I had must have had a fault from new - I don't think so at least I tried to help them and failed.

Edit:- the VW Group part number is 04E 905 601 B = NGK = PZKER7B8EGS - the original fit are probably 04E 905 601 A, at least they were on my wife's August 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI 110PS.
Pierlu
Getting There!
Drives: Polo MY2015 1.2 TSI

Post by Pierlu »

RUM4MO wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:22 pm
I agree, I seem to prefer NGK first time I replaced them, I ordered them in from a company that mainly only sells spark plugs, while I ordered the correct equivalent NGK code, I was sent genuine VW Group branded NGK plugs.
I've bought the car used and the spark plugs were the original ones (I've got a miss fire at 102.000km after 10.000km of ownership - the previous owner never changed them or other parts 🤬- ) so ngk done a really good quality product in my opinion and I went for them

P.S. I've attached a photo, 3 out of 4 spark plugs were in this really poor condition...
Attachments
IMG_2047.jpg
Tigger12
New
Drives: 2015 1.2 TSI

Post by Tigger12 »

Thanks for the replies, looking to change the plugs as it was suggested they should have been changed at a service prior to 5 year cam belt change, that has left the car running a bit rough.