Re: iichels Polo 6R 1.6 TDI DSG 2011 Team/Highline

Post by benzinkopf »

hurm...
amer6R
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

Iichel what is your fuel consumption while stationary without A/C on?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 1.2 TDI

Post by iichel »

Typically slightly less than 1.0l/hr (around 0.7-0.8 ).
iichel

Post by iichel »

Installed a 7E0 937 090C BCM today 8)
Because... why not.
2 new wires: T73b/54 to T32/28 and T73b/57 to T32/29 (can instrument cluster).
Copy and paste adaptations and codings from 09 and 19 and learn keys. 15-minute job :mrgreen:
(never did it this fast)
ciclo
Drives: 6R Rline/G7.5/Touareg Rline'19/T-Cr'20

Post by ciclo »

Yes, the skills that one acquires over time is impressive.
Yesterday I changed the GW on my Golf in 30 seconds without removing the knee airbag or foot vent pipe.
... after reading on the internet that it is a very difficult task ... :shock:
iichel

Post by iichel »

ciclo wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:16 pm Yes, the skills that one acquires over time is impressive.
Yesterday I changed the GW on my Golf in 30 seconds without removing the knee airbag or foot vent pipe.
... after reading on the internet that it is a very difficult task ... :shock:
It definitely gets easier over time.
I do have a question for you. I know you as a man of great skill and eye for detail.
Now I noticed your R-Line has MFSW with CC (very nice), but the button illumination is blue. With your eye for detail, I was expecting the LEDs to be red, or am I mistaken?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

They are white and come from the Golf 7, ... the camera of my stupid-smartphone has a tendency to turn whites into blue with low luminosity (it's stupid and kind of smart at the same time :lol:).
I also have them with the backlight in red, but :arrow: as I explained here I prefer the CNL button be in the center instead of the bottom.

The best things about my CCS on my MFSW are the + and - buttons, that is, the function of +10 km/h and -10 km/h .
I told Slavik to implement it when he was developing his CCEmulator, ...the times of the pulses in which the signals are sent and received were measured and fortunately it was possible to develop this function for the + and - buttons. 8) 8) 8)

I believe this +/- 10 km/h function for the CCS was implemented in VWs from the beginning of the Golf 7 production (2013 or so).
My 2019 Golf 7.5 came like this from the factory and converts CCS into TOP CCS. (now with ACC :))

I think I remember that later you also achieved the CCS in your MFSW for your 1.2 TDI, a great achievement!
Does it have the +/- 10 km/h function?

I'll try to take a good photo, the white buttons look great in combination with the white IC and the red color on the rest of switches. In fact, I have seen them like this in some model that VW makes, but now I don't remember which one. (I believe that in a model that is manufactured in Brazil)
iichel

Post by iichel »

Sorry for not answering, sorry. My 1.2 TDI does not have the +10/-10 function, unfortunately. Slavik told me it was not possible, since it does not have the OEM GRA High.

------

Some mods/updates:

- Fitted a trailer hook. I bought a very cheap Bosal towbar with ECS electronics (7-pin trailer coupling).
This is what the VW dealer very often also fits, the Bosal fixed hook and the ECS canbus module. It works very nicely and is easy to install.

---

Fitted a Golf 2.0 TDI GTD 125kW turbocharger to the 1.6 TDI engine. The expected result is about 200bhp and 350Nm of torque.

Adaptations needed are the 2.0 TDI oil return and feed lines. the support for the turbocharger can be re-used from the 1.6 TDI turbocharger.
Turbocharger: 03L253010F
Gasket for exhaust manifold 04L253039D
Oil return line 03L145736L
Boit return line 2x 90592705
Gasket return line 03L145757G
Oil feed line 03L145771AB
Damper 03L131111J (I would suggest to get the Darkside damper delete and 55mm silicone hose)
I would suggest to also change the 0-rings on the oil lines if you remove them

The turbocharger:

Fitted the oil lines of the turbocharger:

The fitting location:

If you're a bit creative, there is no need to remove the DPF and subframe:

Being creative, tilting engine forware:

(remove gearbox support first, lol).
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

This gets very interesting ... we want more details!
Are you going to reprogram the ECU?

You do a great job installing the tow bar 8) , but you have to buy a plastic cutting tool that makes straight cuts... :)
Tree Tool ... some tree-loving neighbor -of those who have small dogs- is going to hang you by the balls -spiritually speaking- so you know how creative one can get when it comes to procedures, rituals, and sacrifices. 🤣

Good job!👍
iichel

Post by iichel »

ciclo wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:56 am This gets very interesting ... we want more details!
Are you going to reprogram the ECU?
The GTD turbo is a 'common' upgrade for the CAY engines. It's more or less a plug and play solution if you want more than the stock turbocharger.
WIth the stock engine, a good stage 1 tune will do about 140hp, give or take, if done properly.

With this upgrade, you'll need to upgrade some other things as well to get maximum performance.
Just a turbocharger upgrade will bring about 170-180 hp and 350Nm of torque. With an upgraded intercooler (Airtec, Darkside) you'll have a bit more.

So my black 1.2 TDi now has the Darkside intercooler :mrgreen:

Limiting factors for the engine are now probably the exhaust (stock) and the injectors (limited to 200bhp).
Of course for everything there is a solution but I would like to retain my DPF for emissions and regulations.
I'm also a bit worried that the DSG gearbox will not take extremely high torque, they are only rated for 250Nm and can go up to 350Nm with software tweaks.
The car will have a brand new clutch and brand new injectors and regular maintenance done (timing belt, water pump, oil and filter change) so it should be in perfect condition now.

It will certainly need a remap of the ECU since the stock configuration will probably yell 'OVERBOOST' since the new turbocharger will give other pressures than the stock turbocharger.
In the low rev range it will do nothing (turbo lag) and in the higher rev range it will provide more boost.
You do a great job installing the tow bar 8) , but you have to buy a plastic cutting tool that makes straight cuts... :)
Tree Tool ... some tree-loving neighbor -of those who have small dogs- is going to hang you by the balls -spiritually speaking- so you know how creative one can get when it comes to procedures, rituals, and sacrifices. 🤣

Good job!👍
I agree but nobody will ever see it and I was a bit fed up with some inconveniences with the towbar fit (rust and other hidden misery behind the rear bumper).
So I took the first thing within reach and made the hole of appropriate size.

But I will make you happy by telling you I bought the OEM PDC hole cutting tool from VW to help a friend out to retrofit OEM PDC to his Polo 6R 1.6 TDI with WRC front and rear bumpers.
iichel

Post by iichel »

Clutch replacement:

Pierlu
Getting There!
Drives: Polo MY2015 1.2 TSI

Post by Pierlu »

Wow, what a project... the gtd turbo is a very good idea, well done

Looking to your photos I’m learning a lot so thank you so much for your sharing 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
amer6R
Bronze Member

Post by amer6R »

Will any turbo from 2.0 TDI CR engine be a straight bolt on? Are turbos from like MK5 golf generation an option? Can we transfer the eletronic actuator from the stock turbo?
This got me interested, second hand turbos can be purchased pretty cheap
iichel

Post by iichel »

You need a CR turbo with oval exhaust ports.
You need to do small adjustments like oil lines from the 2.0 turbo and adapt the damper and silicone tube.
amer6R
Bronze Member

Post by amer6R »

thank you for the provided information