Black Line lights on a polo?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
polo_dk_7400
New
Drives: 6R 2017 1,2 TSI

Black Line lights on a polo?

Post by polo_dk_7400 »

Hi everyone!
I was at my local VW-mechanic to ask about the "Black Line"-taillights. He couldn't say that those lights would fit my car, so that's why I am asking in here! 8)
I drive a Polo 2017 6R 1,2 TSI - It has already automatic lights, led front-/taillights, rain sensor etc. So is it possible to equip my car with the Black Line taillights?

Best Regards!
JaegerStriker
Bronze Member
Drives: 6C GTI

Re: Black Line lights on a polo?

Post by JaegerStriker »

after a quick search.

2017 plate polos are a 6C even though the vin states 6R

it appears theres a set for the 6R but not the 6C.

im not 100% on this but the 6R lights arent compatable with the 6C
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I’ve just done a quick internet search and I was only able to find Black Line rear lights like the ones at the link below that are actually genuine VW Black Line items for the current model Polo built from 2017.

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/tuning- ... de-kit.htm

Although your car is also a 2017 Polo, you’ve said it is a 6r 1.2 TSI, so it’ll be the previous generation car - being a 2017 car, it’ll actually be a 6c (built 2014 - 2017) which is the facelift version of the 6r Polo.

The rear light clusters on the 6r / 6c Polo are a different size and shape to those on the current model Polo, so the Black Line lights like the ones at the link above won’t fit your car.
polo_dk_7400
New
Drives: 6R 2017 1,2 TSI

Post by polo_dk_7400 »

Thank you for the replies,
Is it possible to get some aftermarket-lights, that looks like the Black Line? Should be legal!

Thanks again,
Best Regards
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I see you’re in Denmark. I’m sorry, I don’t know what the legal position is in Denmark with regard to darkened real lights (I’m in the UK). It would be worthwhile you doing some internet research to establish what the legal position is and if you find you can legally have tinted rear lights, I’d suggest you also check with your insurer to ensure they don’t have any issues from an insurance perspective and that they’d be happy to continue providing insurance cover.

If there are no issues from either a legal or insurance standpoint, it would probably be more cost effective to get a tinted vinyl wrap applied to your existing light clusters than it would be to replace them. It should be a quick and easy job for a good car vinyl wrapping company to do.
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

polo_dk_7400 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:41 pm Thank you for the replies,
Is it possible to get some aftermarket-lights, that looks like the Black Line? Should be legal!

Thanks again,
Best Regards
astina.dk can help you….