polo gti 2015 headlamps

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
blackburnrov50
New
Drives: gti

polo gti 2015 headlamps

Post by blackburnrov50 »

hi all
i would be grateful for help. I have a 2015 gti which i have just bought. My problem is the last owner swapped the led headlamps after a crash for normal ones and cut the multiplug of.This is ok but i need too stop the messages coming
on the dash which says range finder error and headlamp fault and day time running light fault. i would put genuine ones back in if they were not 800 pounds each ,if i counld find second hand ones .but very hard too find. i work in a garage
and was wondering if i could uncode the lights for the ecu so they would only see normal lamps ? We have auto logic and it will not do this would i be better buying vag com and would it do this. thanks for your help .
Aquavalver
Silver Member
Drives: 2013 Polo Blue GT

Re: polo gti 2015 headlamps

Post by Aquavalver »

Yes, Vag.com VCDS you could do it with. I have seen a pair of genuine LED 2nd hand headlights for £500/550 a few times now if you keep your eye out on Ebay and FB marketplace. Search by the part numbers as well as the name
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Re: polo gti 2015 headlamps

Post by CarbonChaos »

You could also code this with obdeleven which is a cheaper option,you get a Bluetooth dongle and use an app on your phone.
Once you have it there’s no subscription or cables to buy and you can use it on as many cars as you like unlike VCDS.

Gti head lamps do come up on eBay regularly though if you want that Oem look back.