Tyre time. Need some opinions please

Post by 2226 »

I need opinions on the following tyres on a Polo 1.2tsi Cross Polo 6C:

Yokohama BluEarth ES ES32
Bridgestone Potenza RE050
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5
Bridgestone Potenza S001

Anyone running or have run these on their Polo and can comment?

The Asymmetric 5 might be a hard find here, so I threw the 3 in. Ordered according to price.

I'm looking for info on things like grip, braking and noise. Reviews are all a mixed bag, and probably very dependant on vehicle.

I can't single out just one benefit I want, but I guess I'd prefer something quieter than what I currently have, but not sacrifice all the grip.

I'm currently still running the factory fitted ContiPremiumContact 2 in 215/40R17 87V. I don't feel like keeping with the Conti. I've noted tests place the Goodyear ahead in terms of feel and also durability. The Conti is also just a bit too expensive.

Must've run over something today as I heard a couple of pop noises and then the tyre warning lit up about 10 minutes later. Managed to get home and check the tyre, but the leak seems too big to plug as it empties itself within a couple of minutes. And it's right on the uneven worn outer tread (Cross Polo has positive camber).

I'm actually not sure if it was something I ran over or whether this was coming for the last week or so. I developed a rumble and vibration at highway speed that seemed to come from the left front, but the affected tyre is the right rear.