Front seatbelts dont lock when i pull on them

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
davidbaralic
New

Front seatbelts dont lock when i pull on them

Post by davidbaralic »

Hi guys,
Recently I bought myself a 2010 1.6TDI polo and noticed that my front seatbelts don't lock when i tug on them, but all 3 in the back do. I also saw that in some newer cars the belts only lock because of inertia (when the car brakes suddenly), so now I don't know whether they are supposed not to lock or they are broken and I need to replace them. Can anyone help me?
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Re: Front seatbelts dont lock when i pull on them

Post by amer6R »

Tug on them really fast, if they dont lock they are bad, probably car involved in accident and not repaired correctly
davidbaralic
New

Post by davidbaralic »

Already did, they don't work :/ feels bad
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Nothing that a pair of new front seat belts can't fix - at a price.

That car sounds like it was sold to you in an illegal condition, that is not acceptable at least in UK.
CaI
New
Drives: 6C Blue GT

Post by CaI »

Did you buy privately or from a dealer? Buying privately you have much less comeback as it's assumed you've done your due diligence by the time you walk (drive) away with the goods, but if it has been sold to you in illegal condition it might swing it your way. If it's from a dealer I wouldn't fuss, just make it their problem, as long as you can demonstrate a fault.

Before doing that though I'd be tempted to take it down a back lane somewhere, brace yourself against the steering wheel and slam on to see if the belts do work.