Removal of Composition Media Unit From Glovebox - How?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
rbz5416
Getting There!
Drives: 6C

Removal of Composition Media Unit From Glovebox - How?

Post by rbz5416 »

Anyone have a detailed removal procedure?
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Re: Removal of Composition Media Unit From Glovebox - How?

Post by Dink »

I found it easier to leave the glovebox in position an slowly work it out. You will need to feed the wiring in as you work it out.
marco_polo
New
Drives: Polo GTI 6C 2016

Post by marco_polo »

I would suggest pulling the unit half way out then removing the glovebox...there is a video on YouTube for this on a 6R.
I found it easier to unclip the loom from the side of the dashboard as otherwise the cables are quite short. They’re just clipped on as you’ll see once glovebox removed.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

marco_polo wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:22 pm I would suggest pulling the unit half way out then removing the glovebox...there is a video on YouTube for this on a 6R.
I found it easier to unclip the loom from the side of the dashboard as otherwise the cables are quite short. They’re just clipped on as you’ll see once glovebox removed.
but how do you stop the lid of the glovebox closing as you try to work it out if it's not fixed?
TrebleTA
Bronze Member
Drives: 2021-22 GTI+

Post by TrebleTA »

When I did it, undo the glove box, then unhock the glove box hinges, this will lover the glovebox flap, so u can now usr the radio removing hocks to slide the unit out. Can get about half way out then u can access the cableing, that has like a leaver lock, i was unable to undo the Ariel cables at the time. Was not sure if the uncliped or just slide off. This was on my 2016 polo gti 6c.
Have a look at me old post, i was adding s dash cam and a radio amp.
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=75109&start=45