Polo S 60 (2010) Advice Please

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
yonih123
New
Drives: Polo S 60

Polo S 60 (2010) Advice Please

Post by yonih123 »

So I bought a Polo S 60 (2010) a couple years ago for my first car as it was the most decent one I could find under my budget. It does the job and gets me around but I'm not enjoying how it feels as it's quite an old and outdated car (nothing has been changed since it was made). The speakers are terrible, the lights are weak and just the heaters are very unreliable.I'm not currently in a position to spend on a new car but I'm aware that I can mod a few things to make it feel a bit better and less crappy. Excuse my lack of knowledge I'm fairly new to the car world but wanted some advice and suggestions at what I can do to improve my experience, both interior and exterior. My budgets around £500 for the time being but will increase over time. Cheers lads
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Polo S 60 (2010) Advice Please

Post by iichel »

I would probably start with sourcing a new/used pair of headlights, the so called H7 headlights from a Polo 6R.
They fit into your harness straight away. If you know a thing or two about electrics, you can make it work completely.
It will involve leading one wire from the staks to the light switch.
That'll be 75 pounds for a used pair.

Next thing I'd do is check the tires and pressures. Are they well inflated and do they have enough thread?

Third thing that can really change the car is interior. A set of new SE/SEL seats should swap straight in and sometimes are dirt cheap.
It will improve your seating comfort a lot.
Estimate, 200-300 GBP.

Next thing to improve driving comfort is to put some gadgets in it:
- Automatic headlight switch from aliexpress - 15 GBP
- TRIP computer - Used switch and three wires to the instrument cluster - 50 GBP
- RCD 330 from Aliexpress - 200 GBP