are 6R and 6C mud flaps the same

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JosseVB
New
Drives: 6C Polo. (& Lupo & T4).

are 6R and 6C mud flaps the same

Post by JosseVB »

Hi. Maybe a dumb question. We're after a set of genuine mud flaps for a 6C polo. Are these the same as 6R (which seem to be more readily available)? THANKS!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: are 6R and 6C mud flaps the same

Post by SRGTD »

JosseVB wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:40 pm Hi. Maybe a dumb question. We're after a set of genuine mud flaps for a 6C polo. Are these the same as 6R (which seem to be more readily available)? THANKS!
Both the 6c and 6r Polos use the same body panels so in theory, 6r mud flaps (at least the front ones anyway) ought fit a 6c. You’ve not said which model of 6c Polo you have, but you should bear the following in mind;
  • the rear bumpers on the 6r and 6c may be different if VW modified the bumper design on some models (I don’t know if they did) when the 6r was face lifted to the 6c. So if the edge of the 6c rear bumper that the rear mud flaps would be attached to is different to the 6r, then 6r flaps might need to be modified to make them fit a 6c.
  • VW front mud flaps won’t fit some models of Polo - e.g. if the car has side skirts fitted (R-line, Bluenotion, Blue GT, GTI.
JosseVB
New
Drives: 6C Polo. (& Lupo & T4).

Post by JosseVB »

Thanks. that makes sense. Fronts should be good then. Anyone know if the rear bumper update makes any difference to the mudflaps? cheers.
wolfie
Gold Member
Drives: 6R1-1.2 TSI (2011, CBZB, 77Kw, 35Kmiles)

Post by wolfie »

Just to make it interesting there are also two versions, 'Long & short' Long ones are still reasonably easy to get. Short ones, not so much.

Rear long - 6R0075101
Front long - 6R0075111

Rear short - 6R0075106
Front short - 6R0075116
dmulv
New
Drives: Polo 6C

Post by dmulv »

wolfie wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:38 am Just to make it interesting there are also two versions, 'Long & short' Long ones are still reasonably easy to get. Short ones, not so much.
There's a reason for that.... they look like you've stuck a set of rowing oars to your wheel arches!

I've got a set of short ones fitted though, and have to say I'm very pleased with them. They look good (IMHO), and they've also stopped the mud, dead leaves, etc. accumulating under the bumper at the rear, and underneath/inside the sills at the front.
Sabs
New
Drives: 2015 90hp 1,2L TSI comfortline BMT 6C

Post by Sabs »

Hey guys,

Just put on my mudflaps front and back, but I'm having some issues with the front ones. If you take out your instructions and look at step 13, it shows a funny little clamp that should pinch two arms of the mud flap to the car frame. I can't get this to work. Every time I try to tighten the clamp it slides off. And whats more the image shows what looks like the clamp going on one arm of the flap but on the frame of the car on the other side, which can't be right because it doesn't say to trim anything. Also I'm not sure if the thin metal part of the clamp is on it correctly or not, since it's shown twice in the instructions with the bend angle being different in both pictures. Any tips from those who have done this successfully?

Thanks,
Sabs