Weird Clutch Pedal Feel.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Quinvy
New
Drives: 15 plate 1.4 Tdi

Weird Clutch Pedal Feel.

Post by Quinvy »

New member here. I joined while searching for information online, and found this forum.
I recently bought a 15 plate Polo 1.4 Tdi. I noticed the unusual clutch pedal feel straight away, but didn't think much about it.
It's very difficult to put into words, but it feels sort of woolly. The bite was right at the bottom of travel when I first got it, I've never stalled a car so many times in my life. This has moved up slightly over time, but the last part of travel has always felt very stiff. I was wondering if it could be anything to do with the stop/start function, as you have to push the pedal right to the bottom to get it to start up.
I had a cunning plan to find another similar model and year of car for sale locally, that I could go and compare to mine. Trouble is I can't find one anywhere within 50 miles traveling.
For all I know, this could be a feature of this model. However, I've driven hundreds of different cars and I have never come across a clutch like this.
I realise it's a hydraulic clutch, so no adjustment available. I have no idea where to start looking for an answer to this. I'm in the motor trade and have asked a master tech mate to have a look at it. But if anyone has any information, or suggestions, I would be very grateful.