Lock when driving

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Me140
New
Drives: 2016

Lock when driving

Post by Me140 »

Hello all. First post so please be gentle with me. I have just bought my wife a 2016 Polo Match. Lovely car and she is very happy with it ( happy wife = happy life ). The only thing that she wants it to do is lock the doors when she sets off. It isn't an option on any of the menu's and a quick Google shows that it needs to be activated.
Is there anyone in East Yorkshire able to do this? Obviously I will pay for this or can anyone recommend the best coding equipment that I can buy to do it myself?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Lock when driving

Post by SRGTD »

Welcome to the forum @Me140.

I initially missed the auto locking feature on my 2016 Polo GTI as the car I had before (mk6 Golf GTD) had it. I never bothered to get it activated on the Polo though, as the location of the lock button on the upper section of the driver’s door pull / handle makes it so easy manually lock the doors when you shut the driver’s door - just press the button with your thumb once the door’s shut before letting go of the door pull / handle. Manually locking the door soon becomes a natural action each time you get in the car and shut the door. It also has the benefit of the car being locked as soon as the door’s shut rather than having to wait for it to lock on the move with the auto-locking function; useful if you’re in an area where you don’t feel safe.

My current car (2020 Polo GTI) does have the auto locking feature though.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

It can be enabled via coding / VCDS/ ODIS etc.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Yes, I must have made that change on my wife's August 2015 Polo SEL as soon as it was delivered, doing that is a good plan with morons around.
jamesradley
New
Drives: 6R

Post by jamesradley »

Carista can do this for you, about £25 for the adapter and has a month free trial.
Me140
New

Post by Me140 »

Thank you for everyone's help. I have ordered Carista
Me140
New

Post by Me140 »

Carista arrived and I have programmed the auto lock, very easy to do.