2013 BlueGT Steering light

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: 2013 BlueGT Steering light

Post by RUM4MO »

One thing, as you are reporting that the voltage across the battery is 14.6V when the car is at idle, that seems a bit high to me, yes during periods when the battery needs recharging, the alternator will easily reach 14.6V, but with a battery that is claimed to be fully charged and no big power demand from the car, I don't think that you should be seeing 14.6V, more like 12.8V as the alternator will have no demand being placed on it - unless the car or even just the battery is demanding power.

Have you had that battery health checked?

If you can get a DC current clamp, you would be able to prove what demand is being made on the alternator and then move on to single out where that demand was coming from.
Poppypop8
New
Drives: 2013 BlueGT

Post by Poppypop8 »

Thanks all!!!

All fixed today (fingers crossed), changed the pump today and all is ok for now.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

That will work. At least for now you can rule out the steering angle sensor.

What does it say, is the pump status: ON?
Do the amps change ( they should while you move the steering wheel left/ right).
Poppypop8
New
Drives: 2013 BlueGT

Post by Poppypop8 »

It does now I've changed the pump.

It didn't before, the amps at the pump were zero (I checked at the connector with a multimeter was ok). The pump status was on at this point too so should of seen something. The voltages didn't change when you moved the steering just sat at zero.

On the snap on scanner now everything looks how it should ... Amps at pump, pump status on, you can see all the different steering input voltages when turning.

So think you was correct @amer6r, looks like the pump died.

Thanks to all that has responded.
amer6R
Platinum Member

Post by amer6R »

Just make sure that the connectors on the pump are in good condition, and that you have some kind of under body protection under the pump.
These pumps have a factory hole in the connector port, and eletronics (PCB) is right below the hole.
amer6R
Platinum Member

Post by amer6R »

Just make sure that the connectors on the pump are in good condition, and that you have some kind of under body protection under the pump.
These pumps have a factory hole in the connector port, and eletronics (PCB) is right bellow the hole.