Gap between flywheel and engine mounting holes

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Gimiz
New
Drives: Polo 6R 1.4 85HP

Gap between flywheel and engine mounting holes

Post by Gimiz »

Hello everybody!

I'm Geoffrey from France and I'm new here even though I've already read a lot of interesting posts in this forum! :D

I have a Polo 6R from 2013 with a 1.4L 85HP engine (CGGB). I'm writing this post because I have a project to realize an electric conversion of my car (I hope I will not upset someone here :oops: ).
We are working on the mechanical integration of the electric engine to the gearbox which remains identical (MQ200-5F 02T). Before removing the actual engine, I would like to produce the mechanical parts which are the adaptation plate (for fixing the engine which is smaller to the gearbox) and the flange for fixing the engine shaft to the the flywheel.
For the realization of the adaptative plate and to keep the same position between the flywheel and the clutch (we also want to keep the clutch so that the drivers have the same sensation when driving this vehicle), we need to know the longitudinal space between the mounting holes fixing the gearbox to the combusion engine and the flywheel.
Please find below a scheme of the assembly principle hoping that it helps to understand what I'm talking about :) .

If someone is actually changing their clutch on their Polo or already could help me with the answer, the information would be very helpful for our project!

Thank you in advance! :)
Attachments
AssemblyPrinciple.PNG
AssemblyPrinciple.PNG (95.32 KiB) Viewed 583 times
Gimiz
New

Re: Gap between flywheel and engine mounting holes

Post by Gimiz »

To be more precise regarding my last post, please find enclosed a picture of the gap I would like to know.

Would anyone be able to measure this gap?

Thank you in advance once again. :D
Attachments
CoteAObtenir.PNG
CoteAObtenir.PNG (863.02 KiB) Viewed 500 times
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

why not consider a straight shaft to the gearbox input, without having the clutch and flywheel to start with?
Gimiz
New

Post by Gimiz »

iichel wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:08 pm why not consider a straight shaft to the gearbox input, without having the clutch and flywheel to start with?
Hello iichel!

The engine performance we selected is very close to the actual 1.4L 85ch internal combustion engine. We would like to keep the clutch and the flywheel to keep the same sensation when driving.
Silver Member
Drives: Cross Polo 1.2TSI 2017

Post by 2226 »

I doubt anyone will have those measurements on hand.
For custom parts like this I think it's best to have the machine apart to get proper measurements. If you don't want to pull the drivetrain out yet then best to hit up a junkyard that might have that vehicle stripping for parts.

As for the clutch debate, I found this interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20hncy7y4_I

Wouldn't automatic transmissions be more suited to an electric drive anyway? You wouldn't even need many gears given how electric motors deliver torque.