ABS loom damage - Muiltiple errors

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Mattjaket
New
Drives: 6C GTI

ABS loom damage - Muiltiple errors

Post by Mattjaket »

Hiya

I often use this forum for reference but have not ever registered, however, I thought I would share this.

I have owned a 2016 GTI for about three years now, a fantastic car and apart from the clutch has not needed much work done at all. The clutch started going at 57000 miles, I thought was quite young as I have treated it well but it was what it was.

The other morning, upon startup I was shown the following errors; ABS/ESC Error, Start-stop Error, TPMS Error, Head-light range control error. Nothing out of the ordinary had occurred to my knowledge that could have caused this. I read that occasionally a bad battery can cause errors however that was not the case. Anyway, the RAC came and checked it over, could not find anything but could not clear the fault codes either, Included below are the relevant ones.

DTC: U041500 invalid data received from ABS control module
DTC: C114602 TPM CAN signal error

It has gone into a garage, firstly assumed to be a wheel speed sensor but it has since been discovered that the ABS wiring loom on the front passenger side is damaged, suspected to be caused by debris from the road. That is all I know currently. Maybe a shot in the dark, but has anyone had similar before? I can understand all the errors apart form the headlight error?

Thanks for reading
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: ABS loom damage - Muiltiple errors

Post by ciclo »

Hi

The fault detected for the Head-light range control unit is normal, possibly missing data between the ABS unit - steering wheel sensor and the Head-light range control unit (cornering lights).

When the ABS wiring loom is repaired, there is nothing to worry about, All the DTCs are cleared and everything should work as before.
Mattjaket
New
Drives: 6C GTI

Re: ABS loom damage - Muiltiple errors

Post by Mattjaket »

Ah, ok. I understand now, Thank you!