VW polo 6R Timing problems

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Reece_m
New
Drives: 6R 1.2 Moda

VW polo 6R Timing problems

Post by Reece_m »

Hi
New to this form so apologies if im doing thus wrong, but i have a problem with my 1.2 moda polo.

Vw polo 1.2 esp light on engine management light on tool to garage, streched timing chain replaced and car ran fine then engine management light came back on with error code for camshaft position. New sensors tried but no difference and cant get light off.

It did the classic thing where the esp light came on and it lost power. I took it to a garage and the timing chain was replaced. The car ran fine for a day and then the engine management light came on, but the car was running fine and didn't seem to be lacking power, i ran the car for a few weeks and everything seemed fine apart from the engine management light. I took the car back to the garage and the mechanic scanned the code and found that the error was for the camshaft position. He then tried a new sensor and it made no difference, he then checked the timing and it seemed fine. He removed the timing cover and checked the chain again and it was fine. The light can be cleared but come back on after 2 to 3 startes of the engine. I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems and if anyone has a solution, as i would like to sell the car but this light seriously devalues it.
Thanks
Reece