EPC Amber Warning Light

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
loveboobies
New
Drives: 6R 2013 Petrol

EPC Amber Warning Light

Post by loveboobies »

Hello Everybody, first time lurker here. Hope someone might point me in right direction here, I have a 2013 6R Polo. The EPC light has been on now for a few days and when i drove it off the drive today it cut out at the junction less than 50 yards away. I managed to start the engine again with no issues and took the next turning and brought it back onto the drive, reverse parked it up with no issue. Does anyone know what maybe the issue here? I know there could be quite a few things according to the things i'm seeing, just wondered if someone had this issue before and what would be the best course of action here.

PS I should add, I think for a while that the fuel seems to go down quicker than it did when we first had it from new, not sure if that helps. Also, when I start it up, it starts loud like a chain sound perhaps then settles to nothing after driving it away. Drives smooth.

Thanks in Advance, Boobie
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: EPC Amber Warning Light

Post by iichel »

It is at this point a guess. Go to a garage to get a read out of any error codes
loveboobies
New

Post by loveboobies »

This is the light that's currently on, I think its the EPC

loveboobies
New

Post by loveboobies »

iichel wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:04 pm It is at this point a guess. Go to a garage to get a read out of any error codes
Thank you mate, I will get it booked in and come back with the details it throws up.
Reece_m
New
Drives: 6R 1.2 Moda

Post by Reece_m »

I had this same problem with my 6r 1.2 polo a few months ago, i had the exact same symptoms as you described i took it to the garage and it turned out to be the timing chain it was starched.
However my esp light has never gone out since it has been replaced it has been cleared but comes back after 3 starts of the engine.
Reece_m
New
Drives: 6R 1.2 Moda

Post by Reece_m »

I had this same problem with my 6r 1.2 polo a few months ago, i had the exact same symptoms as you described i took it to the garage and it turned out to be the timing chain it was starched.
However my esp light has never gone out since it has been replaced it has been cleared but comes back after 3 starts of the engine.