Coding fog lights from RHD to LHD

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Kr1s
New
Drives: 1.2 TDI 2010

Coding fog lights from RHD to LHD

Post by Kr1s »

Hi,

I've changed my taillights to LHD ones since I'm now in Spain, but since my car is RHD the fog light doesn't come on so I'm guessing I need to do some coding. (I have VCDS).

Does anyone know how I can do this or has anyone done this before? I found this guide but I don't have Leuchte-commands...

As far as the operation of the 2 x lamps is concerned- these are managed by Leuchte-commands. To swap the lamps, try this (in adaptation, in the BCM):

For the Reversing light - ONLY if ENG124888-ENG115497-Leuchte28RFL C3-Light_Function_A_28 has the value Rueckfahrlicht - change to NebelschlusslichtwennkeinAnhaengergestecktundRechtsverkehr
For the rear fog light - ONLY if ENG124886-ENG115459-Leuchte26NSL A65-Light_Function_A_26 has the value NebelschlusslichtwennkeinAnhaengergestecktundRechtsverkehr -change to Rueckfahrlicht

If this is the only way what do I have to do to get Leuchte-commands, swap BCM?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Coding fog lights from RHD to LHD

Post by iichel »

I think the wiring connectors are also different and the pin occupation too. Did you have a look at this?
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

I believe the guide you quoted is for a 6C polo ie facelift I’m guessing you’re car is a 6R polo which will have different architecture ie it has bytes and bits .

Not the same cars
Kr1s
New
Drives: 1.2 TDI 2010

Post by Kr1s »

Yeah I checked and the 6c and 6r BCMs are completely different.

I'll probably have to try mess around with the wiring in the taillights or take it into a garage, can't find any coding related to the fogs.