Led Footwell Light Strips Install - Hardwired

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ukpolodriver
New
Drives: Polo 6C 2017

Led Footwell Light Strips Install - Hardwired

Post by ukpolodriver »

Hi All, New member here so will start with a hello. Have found the forum very useful.

I am looking to install some RGB Footwell light strips in Polo 6C 2017 and would like to make the install hardwired to fuse box ( if recommended or possible ). Ideally looking for a fuse, which I can tap into and which will turn on with remote unlock and turn off with ignition off or with remote lock. I would personally like to keep footwell lights on at all times while driving, these comes with a controller switch so can turn off in day if required.

if there is a better solution like tapping into overhead lights or keeping the cigarette lighter, happy to hear.

Thanks for your help. Regards
Last edited by ukpolodriver on Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
mirceaculita
Silver Member
Drives: 6R 1.2TDI 75hp

Re: Led Footwell Light Strips Install - Hardwired

Post by mirceaculita »

I hooked mine up to the light switch following these instructions.

If you have the big plug light switch , splice the grey/blue wire that goes to T17a/17
and if you have the smal plug on light switch , splice the grey/blue wire that goes to T10s/10.
Check with a multimeter before instalation.

Now they work semi/sort of OEM like because they turn on only when I flip the switch to the low beam setting.
ukpolodriver
New
Drives: Polo 6C 2017

Re: Led Footwell Light Strips Install - Hardwired

Post by ukpolodriver »

Thanks for your response and very useful to know, but I need the lights on most time and not dictated by the light switch behaviour.

Specifically I want them on while approaching, getting in and out of car and the light switch doesn’t work like that.

The ceiling lights do so perhaps one way could be to tap into that wiring but then these won’t be on while driving which is another thing I need.