Bluetooth/TPK question

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
luca30303
New
Drives: 2014 VW Polo 1.4 Trendline

Bluetooth/TPK question

Post by luca30303 »

G'day all, asking from Australia as we don't have a Polo specific forum, hope that's ok.

I've just bought a 2014 Polo 1.4 Trendline and it has that Touch Adapter handsfree mounted to the passenger side of the dash. The issue I'm finding is that when I play music it comes through the phone line, which I know is a noted issue as I don't have the Music version of the Touch Adapter. What is the best way to listen to music in the car? Would be good to have bluetooth but I've been using the AUX and the issue I run into is that if I leave it connected to the TPK then it routes music through it but If I disconnect then I can't use handsfree. I also have the MDI port with a USB slot coming out of it so I may give that a go but I fear I'll run into the same issue.

I saw an old thread where someone ran a cable from the TPK module into the AUX port and from my understanding this fixes the issue of quality. Is this the best way to do it? What I can't wrap my head around is that the RCD310 has a BT Audio option but nothing comes up so I'm guessing I don't have the VW BT Module (note that I have a steering wheel with no controls so there's nothing in the driver info display to control).

Any solutions welcome, cheers!