LED Reversing light

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Gertlush
New
Drives: 2014 1.2 SE Bluemotion

LED Reversing light

Post by Gertlush »

Can someone please recommend an led replacement on a 2014 6C for the reversing light bulb? Something that is really bright, the oem one is quite dim I find.
Thanks
sam7wright
New
Drives: 6C

Re: LED Reversing light

Post by sam7wright »

Autobulbs Direct

Type in your reg plate and it'll give you all the available options.

I've installed H21W Twenty20 Elegance Canbus LED, which works perfectly and is a bright white.
Gertlush
New

Post by Gertlush »

sam7wright wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:04 pm Autobulbs Direct

Type in your reg plate and it'll give you all the available options.

I've installed H21W Twenty20 Elegance Canbus LED, which works perfectly and is a bright white.
Thanks, I did that and only headlight bulbs came up as available
rbz5416
Getting There!

Post by rbz5416 »

I'll dig out what I fitted to mine shortly but in the meantime, I have to say that it made bugger-all difference. The one I fitted is much brighter to look at but the lens is so small I don't think it would matter what you put in there. Plus of course the real issue is the cheapskates only fitting one & on the "wrong" side for UK.

Edit
It was this one but purchased direct from China.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AGLINT-Extreme ... 07C2PVZ6Z/

If you decide to do it anyway, make sure you can secure the services of a five-year-old with Herculean strength to access & unscrew the cluster! :roll:
Gertlush
New

Post by Gertlush »

rbz5416 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:24 pm I'll dig out what I fitted to mine shortly but in the meantime, I have to say that it made bugger-all difference. The one I fitted is much brighter to look at but the lens is so small I don't think it would matter what you put in there. Plus of course the real issue is the cheapskates only fitting one & on the "wrong" side for UK.

Edit
It was this one but purchased direct from China.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AGLINT-Extreme ... 07C2PVZ6Z/

If you decide to do it anyway, make sure you can secure the services of a five-year-old with Herculean strength to access & unscrew the cluster! :roll:
Thanks for your input,,agree with you about the access,why is that opening so small?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

rbz5416 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:24 pm snip ----- snip.

I'm guessing that you are meaning the torque needed to unscrew that fixing bolt!!!

I think that I managed to fit a 1/4" sqr drv hex socket over the end - but access is useless, even resorted first time to using a small pipe wrench!

Remember all the mandated lights need to be easily accessed by the driver at the side of the road if necessary - I was just looking at all the bulb types that are on that car, for the future!
Gertlush
New

Post by Gertlush »

Thanks as always for the replies
I've ordered one from ABD 6000K so hope it's going to be nice and bright
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

i made my own as most LEDs are really not that bright
rbz5416
Getting There!

Post by rbz5416 »

RUM4MO wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:17 pm I'm guessing that you are meaning the torque needed to unscrew that fixing bolt!!!
Yes indeed, I have large hands so had to do it with two (very sore afterwards) finger tips.
Dink wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:24 pm i made my own as most LEDs are really not that bright
I'll post a pic of mine when it gets back from another wallet emptying trip to the dealer... :cry: