Coil spring colour codes

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Coil spring colour codes

Post by RUM4MO »

spartacus68 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:57 pm If you're attempting this job RUM4MO, then get yourself some internal cylinder circlip pliers. I don't really rate Neilsen tools, but their pliers are very good for this job. Also Autodoc tends to throw up numerous versions of brake rebuild kits, so look at the brake code for your car, if rear discs, etc, will be in the build data, this hopefully avoids you ordering the wrong part.
Thanks for that, I too don't highly rate Neilens tools either, but I took a gamble on their offering for removing track rods as they were less than 1/2 or a 1/3, I can't remember, the price that Laser Tools sellers were asking for, and they worked okay on 2 cars.

I'd think it is a case of knowing the limits for some of these cheaper tool brands, you and I are probably able to work that out and so stay out of trouble.

I'll look out for a pair of these ones shown in some of the youtube guides.

I pointed my mate towards Autodoc for some parts for older SAABs earlier this month and the delivery was quite quick, which was not what I had read on some forums, so they are still on my list of possible parts suppliers - they seem to have found their way into my lap top already!

I think my comments about piston diameter might not be relevant with Polos from 2015, but it seemed an issue for Polos round about 2002 when I first looked into this job on my wife's previous Polo.
spartacus68
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.4 TDI (90PS) Blue motion

Post by spartacus68 »

Apologies for delay on this - just conscious if anyone is searching these forum topics - that they get a final answer.

Anyway - I thought my Polo ride height at the back was too high, hence I posed the question a few months ago.

Well, the answer lies with your main dealer via your registration plate or VIN number. They search on their own ETKA system and can provide a print out, given there are numerous combinations to do with engine weight, etc. I had to pick up a couple of genuine oil filters, so found out then.

In my case the correct springs were installed, part number 6Q0 511 115 AS (1 orange, 2 yellow and 2 white paint spots), plus all the ancillary parts if you're rebuilding the suspension.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Good!

Was that printout called "CAR DATA" - if so, I make a habit of asking for that for every VW Group car my close family buy, it can save a lot faffing around later on when out of warranty and buying parts.

I did buy a pair of deep or right angled internal circlip pliers - I'm guessing made in China like many are! That job can wait until the late Spring.